Looking for history on how the bible was put together

by lilbit 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lilbit
    lilbit

Im on a research kick these days. Right now Im trying to find info on who put the bible as we know it today together. why some books were included and some were not.

Im including my JW dad on my research he has always been fairly openminded and Im praying I can show him some logical flaws in his thinking. When I mentioned this to him he said that the reason that alot of books werent included was because they were apostate ( Somehow I dont think Constantine cared about apostates) Any info that you can share would be great. Please try not to link me to other apostate sites though because I have to be able to show my dad solid research. If it comes from an apostate site he will completly ignore it.

• kls
    kls

Lilibit got new dentures?

• lilbit
    lilbit

yeah watch out I might bite

• lilbit
    lilbit

come on I know we have bible buffs here

• Narkissos
  • hooberus
  • mnb77
    mnb77

I found this site that has information on the "lost books" http://www.carm.org/lostbooks.htm

I was reading through some of them this morning and it has the different books and the translations.

if you look to the left hand side it also has information on the bible just click the link.

mnb77

• M.J.
    M.J.

What's especially enlightening is to examine the theological views of those who were instrumental in the canon's formation. Quite different from the WTS.

• Spook
    Spook

Read "The Secret Origins Of The Bible." It's the best popular level majority position on scholarship that you will find. It is a newer book by Tom Callahan of the Skeptic magazine.

• lilbit
    lilbit

Thanks for the help. Ill be looking into all of these

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit