What Was Your Behavior Like Just Before You Left "The Truth"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were people shocked by your departure or was it pretty obvious you were on your way out?

• Satanus
    Satanus

My field service was minimal. At assemblies, i started staying in hotels that chose instead of the recommended ones. I don't know how much that was noticed by the other dubs.

S

• kls
    kls

I am sure they knew i was on my way out. I was my own person and never fit their profile as being dominated.

Then being out for a while a elder came to my door and i told him off so i am pretty sure they did not want me.

Don't mess with monkeys.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

when I left I was still a believer. But I was seriously depressed and suicidal. No one realized the extent of my problems because I was forced by mt situation as an elder's wife to put up a good front.

I think everyone was stunned when I was DFed. Mind you... so was I!

And then the rumors and gossip started. lol

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Just before I left officially, the witnesses would see me standing outside the local rock club near the kingdom hall or astride a noisey chrome harley davidson, wearing fish net tights under denim cut offs, thigh high boots with six inch heels and a see through top with a joint in one hand and a bottle of newcastle brown in the other and a long haired beardy bloke or two twice or 3 times my age feeding off my neck. If I'd managed to get a needle sticking out of my arm they could have used me for one of their awake pictures about what happens when you leave the troof!

• franklin J
    franklin J

I went out with a big "bang".

The rumors had been circulating for months about my spirtual weakness and my parents inability to "control him".

Fact is , I left a 4 year stint as a regular pioneer to attend college to study Architecture. This was back in 1977 and it was not looked on too kindly. I drove a flashy red convertible ( pioneered with that car--a story for another thread) At 21 years old I was not married ( although dated quite often--no serious entanglements) and as the former ' theocratic youthful example" I was now leading those same kids from field service to the desire to "do something more" with their humdrum lives---like "get an education".

When I came home from studying abroad in Italy, the rumors came circling around:

1) he has had a "woman" overseas; he went abroad to sin ...I live in New York; I do not have to go abroad for that...

2) he has had a "man" overseas, he went abroad to sin ..I live in New York; I do not have to go abroad for that....but WHO have you been talking too??!!

3) he is using drugs; all those college kid use drugs; look at his red swollen eyes....I was in the swimming pool; it is chlorine making my eyes red...using drugs? Do you think I am stupid?

4) how do you know where he goes with THAT CAR...when he leaves your house he could be picking up prostitutes...Oh give me a break; its a 1970 Chevelle Malibu convertible; it happens to be RED; big deal; get over it...

5) he is having a drinking problem....yes, I drink; I am over 21 and I drink socially just like the rest of you...what is wrong with that?

These stories were so outrageous and all untrue but the one about " having been living with a woman in sin" overseas stuck; for some reason. Perhaps because it was the most plausible. Point of fact; it was not the case ( I wish I was so amourous when I was abroad! I was an uptight fading virgin JW young adult fascinated with the European culture and dealing with guilt about my attraction to Church architecture. I made a pilgremage to every great church and Cathedral in Europe. It was my epiphany.)

So I had to throw a lawsuit at the local elders to get them off my back. It worked. Never saw or heard from them again

• minimus
    minimus

Frank, why would they even suggest you were with another man?? You're too much of a womanizer.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    joint in one hand and a bottle of newcastle brown in the other and a long haired beardy bloke or two twice or 3 times my age feeding off my neck.

Now theres an image to reckon with.....sounds like a typical night out in Wigan....

For me mine was a slow fade and just appeared less and less frequently at the meetings, when the fade was absolute rumours started to develop....apparently I was out getting p**sed and stoned in my local town every night and had a gambling addition...(for a guy that has never placed a bet in his life thats pretty ambitious).

The daftest thing about these rumours was that i no longer lived in my local town but lived around 15/20miles away and the types of places I frequented were mainly student bars and so forth...not the sort of place i would be seen by JW's unless they followed me; yep they had the stoned and pissed bit but not every night and the wrong damn town!!!

Shows you what they know doesnt it??!

• franklin J
    franklin J

yeah, thanks min, dont tell my wife....

I recently told her I want to buy this Alpha Romeo spider and she said I was crazy ( I promised to keep the Volvo wagon for work)....so I told her it was cheaper than an affair.....she was not amused...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

People knew for a long time that I was unhappy, but thought it was unhappiness in my marriage not the 'troot'. They were shocked when I was disfellowshipped, but even mor shocked when I did not come back. They fully expected me to come back.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit