Anyone know of Anti-jw tracts that can be downloaded?

by AK - Jeff 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• logansrun
    logansrun
    Paper and media campaigns do have some pros, but they have some cons as well. I admire anyone who has the guts to do them.

A rhetorical question: Do people that do this really want to "help" people, or do they just have an ax to grind? Perhaps a little bit of both with an emphasis on the latter, in my opinion.

B.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Around the time of the sexual abuse programs on TV I and many others carried on small campaigns to alert the public that a JW pedophile could be knocking at their door. Since that time I have met many people that are now aware of the sexual abuse coverup within the organization. Someone mentionned it was like an innoculation for the public against the JWs.

I left small business cards or small flyers at doors (yes I happily went door to door) in the neighborhood of the kingdom hall that was close to me. I also left cards on cars especially at a kingdom hall where a man who had been arrested for sexual abuse of a child had been moved to the new hall. The people there needed the warning to protect their children (because we know the elders would hush it all up)

I think Randy has some general flyers on his website and I know silentlambs has some regarding abuse. Can't get the URLs for them because I'm not on my computer

• logansrun
    logansrun

The chances of a JW pedophile knocking on your door are about the same as a pedophile bagging your groceries or teaching your children at school. I'm not saying that all is well in JW-land when it comes to pedophilia, but there certainly is a lot of fear-mongering on the part of many ex-JWs about this matter, and everything having to do with the JWs.

B.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Bradley

that might be true but do you want one in YOUR home trying to preach to you?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx to those with positve comments. To those with negative ones, too bad!

I refer to;

Do people that do this really want to "help" people, or do they just have an ax to grind? Perhaps a little bit of both with an emphasis on the latter, in my opinion.

Because someone mentions the idea of taking positve steps to help others avoid the cult of Jw's does not mean there is an 'ax to grind' as suggested. In my case, I have forty years of witness lore to undue in my mind. I did not walk away as a rebellious teen, or because I didn't like the religion. I walked away after a lifetime, and if I or others use methods that would differ from yours as a means of healing, why do you care? Or need to insinuate that I [or others] are off track because we didn't just drop off and never look back? I don't get that! I asked for a little help in finding materials that would help me [and maybe the public in my home area], not critical remarks indicating that you have insight into my thinking. Thanx lr, but no thanx.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit