Birhtday Party at Lehaa's

by Lehaa 6 Replies latest social family

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Yep, It's my little girl, Georgia's, birthday today.

She turns 3.

We're having a little party, just with the neighbours kids.

The weird thing is, I screwed up the day and it worked out that my ex had them for the day. He knew I wanted to have a small party for her birthday, he's been really opposed me celebrating anything with the kids. He's still a dub.

He rang me the yesterday and wanted to know if I wanted the kids back early so I could have Georgia's party on her actual birthday.

It really blew me away.

From someone who abused the hell out of me for celebrating Christmas with them to aranging so I can have the kids on their birthday is really weird.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Wow! Well, good for him.

Is there currently any sort of custody dispute before a judge? I know that trying to keep a little girl from her birthday party could look pretty bad to a family court judge. Or did he have other plans and wanted to take off early?

Or maybe he's actually just being decent about it. If so, great!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

There's no custody dispute.

I think he's just trying to be nice, he's been down a lot lately and i've been trying to help the best I can. He said cause i've been soo nice and flexible it was a bout time he returned the favour.

It's nice, we've been fighting for sooo long, i think were just both worn out.

• JW83
    JW83

Lehaa, that's great about your ex! Also, congratulations to your little girl - my daughter is 3 in November, & it will be the first time her grandparents will celebrate her b'day. Kid's parties are so much fun, have a great time!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I think he's just trying to be nice, he's been down a lot lately and i've been trying to help the best I can. He said cause i've been soo nice and flexible it was a bout time he returned the favour.

Thats great to hear...its good when two parents can still be friends even if for the sake of the children...so pleased.

DB74

• vitty
    vitty

Deep down in his heart he might WANT her to have a party. As long as hes not responsible he may be pleased, ask if he wants to stay I remember with my kids I always felt bad about their birthdays cos I never really excepted the orgs stance, but I still went along with it.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Good to hear Lehaa!

(Thanks for putting me onto this site!!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit