Franz and Knorr state in Court that Jehovah is the Editor of the Watchtower

by Bluegrass Tom 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

The following is an excerpt and was found in NEW YORK KING'S COUNTY CLERKS'S COURT RECORD 1940 vol. II P. 795. It has to do with court testimony that was being made by Fred Franz in a lawsuit brought against the WTBTS by others.

"LAWYER: Who subsequently became the Editor of the magazine, the main editor of the 'Watch Tower' magazine? F.FRANZ: In 1931, October 15th, as I recall, the 'Watch Tower' discontinued publishing the names of any editorial committee on the second page. THE COURT: He asked you who became the editor. F.FRANZ: And it said... THE COURT: Who became the editor? LAWYER: Who became the editor when this was discontinued? F.FRANZ: Jehovah God.".

Note: F.Franz later became the President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Based on his testimony, Jehovah God is the editor of the Watchtower since 1931. Therefore, since this date the magazine could not contain any errors since God is its editor.

Here is another one.

This is an excerpt and was found in an Action for Libel: Olin R. Moyle v. F.W.Franz, et al, May 10 - May 27 1943, New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, sections 2596-7, 4420-1. It has to do with testimony that both Fred Franz and Nat Knorr made in this case about who is the Editor of the Watchtower.

"LAWYER: At any rate, Jehovah God is now the editor of the paper is that right? F.FRANZ: He is today the editor of the paper. LAWYER: How long has he been editor of the paper? F.FRANZ: Since its inception he has been guiding it. LAWYER: Even before 1931? F.FRANZ: Yes, sir. .. LAWYER: But you don't make any mention in the fore part of your Watch Tower that 'We are not infallible and subject to correction and may make mistakes'? N.H.KNORR: We have never claimed infallibility. LAWYER: But you don't make any such statement, that you are subject to correction, in your Watch Tower papers do you? N.H.KNORR: Not that I recall. LAWYER: In fact, it is set forth directly as God's Word, isn't it? N.H.KNORR: Yes, as His Word. LAWYER: Without any qualification whatsoever? N.H.KNORR: That is right."

Note: N.H.Knorr was, and F.Franz later became, the President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Based on this testimony, Jehovah God is the editor of the Watchtower. Therefore, the magazine could not contain any errors since God is its editor.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Wow...even as I witnes this would have offended me But now I can actually say how I feel: I never knew that God was so wishywashy..made so many typing errors..or would write such lameass articles. I am glad Knorr and Franz cleared this up. Does he get blamed for that shitty artwork prior to 1990 also?

• sf
    sf

LAWYER: In fact, it is set forth directly as God's Word, isn't it? N.H.KNORR: Yes, as His Word. LAWYER: Without any qualification whatsoever? N.H.KNORR: That is right."

Looney toons. I can't believe, humans as intelligent life form, are so stupid when it comes to believing anything the wt says. Especially THIS!

"Jehovah is the Editor of the WT book publishing corporation"!!

LOLOLOLOL!!

sKally

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Do you have the full transcripts of these testimonies?

-ithinkisee

• Lady Lee
  • rebel8
    rebel8

TY for posting that. Very interesting!

If anyone has a scan of the actual court document, I'm willing to post it on my web site. Send scan to [email protected] I'm not comfortable posting a retyped version due to libel laws, scans only.

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

ithinkisee:

No I don't have the transcripts. I believe that they are easy enough to get from the NYS court system with the references that are given. By the way, there are plenty of direct quotations from the WTS publications that confirm this thinking. Here is one:

"Jehovah has made the necessary arrangements within his organization to instruct his people, and all recognize that for some years The Watchtower has been the means of communicating information to God's people. That does not mean that those who prepare the manuscript for The Watchtower are inspired, but rather it means that the Lord through his angels sees to it that the information is given to his people in due time, and he brings to pass the events in fulfillment of his prophecy and then invites those devoted to him to see the same." J.F.Rutherford: Riches, 1936, P. 316.

I think the word is dilusional.

• badboy
    badboy

AMEN,BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit