Co Worker just Died.

by El Kabong 12 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I just got a message that my friend and co-worker just passed away.
    He had been diagnosed with Cancer and MS within the past year. He was undergoing Chemo treatments but contracted double pnemonia and had been in ICU for the past couple of weeks.

I went to go see him in the hospital last week and almost didn't recognise him. He lost all his hair and beard and lost so much weight. I actually had to wear a surgical gown, mask and gloves just to go in his room to see him. He was awake, so at least I got to "tease" him a little telling him I was his new Doctor, and held up two gloved fingers and told him to roll over. He got a laugh out of that, then I went into the "Dr Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard" routine. (From the Three Stooges). At least I made him laugh. That was the last time I saw him.

I was just thinking that less than a year ago, we went to a baseball game at Camden Yards to see the O's play and he was fine. We had a great time. Then, he just got sick and went downhill very fast, especially in the past couple of months.

It just makes me think of how precious life really is. I can no longer imagine going through life under the spell of a cult that monitors and dictates your every thought and move. Nobody ever knows when they will just get sick and die. Death does come so unexpectedly. I'm just so tired of hearing about death.

• kls
    kls

I am sorry and don't know what to say.((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yup. I'm w you, man.

S

• fairchild
    fairchild

It is a moment as this one that does make us stop and think.

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. please hang in there.

Hugs from fairchild.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Sorry about your friend, but at least both of you have good memories of laughing.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Sorry about the loss of your friend. Life really is precious and short. Be glad you got to see him laugh, it sounds like you cheered him up.

• delilah
    delilah

Sorry for your loss...it's really hard to lose someone you are close with. Your sense of humor helped you both through a very tough time....and you will always remember his smile..What better way to spend your last moments together?!

Dee

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Death and taxes. The only two sure things in life.

DY

• sandy
    sandy

Sorry El Kabong for your loss. I wishing peaceful thoughts for you and your friend's family.

• watch_out
    watch_out

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend, too........... It sounds like he was fortunate to have you for a friend - you never know how badly someone needs just a little laugh to forget the anxiety of the moment.

"Dust in the Wind" - we surely are.

Peace ........ watch_out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit