un thingy

by zaphod 9 Replies latest jw friends

• zaphod
    zaphod

i've been looking at past posting about the un scandal and was wondering what the r&f dub knows about the situation.

have they all been fed the line about the library card or has there been no official announcement and been dealt with only if particular publishers bring the subject up?

is it an issue that has caused disquiet in the congrgation or is it still not known to a great extent by members?

zaphod

• jula71
    jula71

zaphod....I have been a JW my whole life, started to fade this year after much research, study, reflection, ect.... I can honestly say the rank and file knows nothing about it. To know about it, you would be admitting you visit "apostate" site or read the books. This has been carefully hidden.

• zaphod
    zaphod

thanks jula

do you mind me asking what country you are in?

zaphod

• zaphod
    zaphod

it's just that it was in the guardian newspaper here in the united kingdom so you would not have to visit anti jw websites and some jw's must read newspapers, so i wondered if a damage limitation excercise had begun.

zaphod

• jula71
    jula71

I'm in the US. Here pretty much no media coverage on it.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I'm in the US. Here pretty much no media coverage on it.

Yeah, there really hasn't been....and I can see why. To anyone who has never been involved with JWs, their enrollment in the UN is not interesting news.

I put up links to the documentation here in case anyone wants them.

• watch_out
    watch_out

There were supposed to be letters sent out to the branch offices - giving the library card excuse in case of any inquiries by the r&f, but......

Two weeks ago I talked, finally, to the PO and CO about it - they said they'd never heard of it. The CO had just been at Bethel for a training session and he was sure it was a lie, for he'd not been informed. I don't know if they were being truthful or deceitful.

No one at my little KH knows about it - they(elders) asked if I'd discussed it with anyone else.... It's been a few years past the deed now, they're hoping it just fades away....

I found out about it by following a Yahoo! news link to 'The Guardian's' story - had never even looked at an 'apostate site' before that. After that I looked at everything. The truth stands up to close scrutiny. But the wt brand of 'The Truth' does not. I noticed that the UPI picked the story up and it was published in some big US city papers, but not in our rural neck-of-the-woods, unfortunately.

Like Rebel8 said - who cares except jw's - and even most of them don't care either. Why is it such a big thing to me??? (The elders said: "Even if it is true - so what? It is nothing!") But it is something and should be, I think....

Do you think any other people have posed this question the the UN about their religion's involvement with them? All they'd have to do is actually read a WT mag to get the full impact of what the wt teaches about the UN. Maybe the wt is trying to push the UN towards some action against them so they could say - "Oh, look - the UN disgusting beast is turning on us just as we prophesied!" I wouldn't put it past them to not 'wait on Jehovah' by trying to push God's time-table forward, according to their desired outcome.....

*sigh* watch out!

• blondie
    blondie

1. Only those who need to know, know in the WTS.

2. Many letters go out to the CO and DO that even the elders know nothing about.

3. Many letters go out to the elders that the rank and file know nothing about.

4. If any JWs go out on the Net and know about this they either shut up, tell only a few close friends (dangerous), or they add it to the list of WTS lies they have been told.

5. Many JWs could not grasp why UN involvement would be wrong just like they don't comprehend what the change to allowing blood fractions means.

6., Asking questions about WTS policies and procedures is viewed as questioning God.

Blondie

• zaphod
    zaphod
    Maybe the wt is trying to push the UN towards some action against them so they could say - "Oh, look - the UN disgusting beast is turning on us just as we prophesied!" I wouldn't put it past them to not 'wait on Jehovah' by trying to push God's time-table forward, according to their desired outcome.....

do you know what? i thought exactly the same thing. but maybe they should be careful what they wish for.

this thing should be a big issue to the r&f. they would be df'd for such involvement with the "image of the wild beast"

i was always taught to see the un as satan's tool set up in opposition to god's kingdom.

i hate to think that my relatives are still serving this bunch of hypocrites.

zaphod

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I have to say that although I was shocked when I first heard about it, it's not such a big deal to me now that I'm out ... just another example of their duplicity.

The biggest thing to me is the pedophile issue. The way they harped on the Catholic church about the issue when they knew full well that the same thing was happening in the org. really and trully burns my socks !!!!! That they allow pedophiles to hide themselves in the congregation and expose the 'friend's' children these monsters ... it's beyond my ability to communicate how much this outrages me.

BUT ... if I WERE still in the org. and learned about this UN thingy I would be devastated. No - I could not sweep it under the rug. God's clean organization aligned with the WILD BEAST? Totally unacceptable. If I weren't out now I'd be on my way. How can some people just turn their brains off? If they can accept that I think they'll accept anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit