which domesticed animals did Noah take on board?

by badboy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

This is what I think happened (and I do believe in a flood and ark):

I'm not overly certain that the flood covered the whole earth - I think it was an extremely large local flood and the animals referred to in the ark were local domesticated animals.

Occam's razor suggests:

Sailing was not unusual so most cultures would have had plenty of boats - ergo presumably plenty of people got in them during the flood (therefore plenty of people survived and all the races of the earth are accounted for.)

The polar areas have not melted for thousands upon thousands of years - a whole world flood would have melted them (not just by warmth but by pressure)

There is no global evidence for a flood (ie where are the mud layers that should cover most of the earth)

The volume of water required to cover the earth would have depressed the crust into the magma beneath and there would have been massive tectonic and volcanic behaviour.

An ark could not keep all the animal species alive.

To be a fundamentalist IMHO we have to say either:

1/ The flood happened way before the formation of the high mountains and the polar ice caps and these features including vast uplift and division of the earth happened after the flood in a very rapid manner.
    2/ God intervened directly to gather the animals , store them and preserve all the freshwater species and then some geological process as yet understood soaked up all the water and removed evidence for the flood.
    3/ Biblical time scales are wrong by a factor of millions of years.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

The Flood account is the biggest proof that god, if it exists in the manner portrayed in the Bible, is not only an amoral totalitarian douche-bag, but an idiot as well.

Noah couldn't eat animals. Then, when EVERY ANIMAL in the world is an endangered species, god tells him to eat animals. Which part of that isn't stupid?

God, 'Moron of the Year Award', 4,200BC...

"And some months after the Coenant of the Rainbow, God came unto Noah and said, "Thou with the drinking problem! Where art the animals that I directed you to take into the ark and save from my divine hissy fit?" And Noah said unto the Lord, "What other than those we sacrificed unto you Lord?" And the Lord answered Noah out of the voice mail "Yay, where art the animals that I directed you to take into the ark and save from my divine hissy fit, other than those offered unto me as a Happy Meal for the skyman?" An Noah answered unto the Lord "We ate them."

And the Lords anger grew hot gainst Noah, and he said unto Noah "Are thou telling me that thou hast eaten all the animals that I directed thou takest onto the Ark?" "That thou told us we could eat," interjected Noah hastily, "But the main problem was the pairs of carnivores had a rather obvious and negative impact on the population of pairs of herbivores, and when they ran out they ate each other... but I am sure in thoust infinate wisdom there was a plan in resetting the laws of the food chain so that now biodiversity consists of seven strategically-shaved chimpanzees, a rather crafty and very nervous goat, an uncertain but large number of cockroaches, and one rather fat lion that we are keeping a close eye on as it's us or the goat next...."

"Bugger!" said God. And God looked, and saw; he was silly, and was probably made-up by bronze-age goat herds, for how many bits of nonsensical nonsence does one have to interject into a book before people realise it's just another load of myths And God said unto Noah "Oh bugger, am I a figment of your imagination?"

And Noah answered the Lord "Did someone say something?", and went forth to the bar for another drink made from the grain of the crops that he had put on the Ark completely of his own initiative. For Noah realised his figment of the imagnation had totally overlooked the preservation of plants,crops, etc., which in addition to his record on the preservation of endangered species made god about as environmentally friendly as a radioactive Korean whaling fleet made out of asbestos stuck together with dioxin and CFC's.

• badboy
    badboy

tHANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES

Question,Why would Noah had contracted STIs during the preaching work?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit