Coconuts

by Shawn 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shawn
    Shawn

I know I am supposed to be taking a bread from this board but I needed to ask a question. Has anyone here heard of coconuts used instead of blood for transfusions? Something I read today and wanted to know if anyone else has heard about it. I searched google and it seemed like there were a lot of sites supporting it but nothing from the FDA or similar body.

For those that are supporting and praying for my friend and I, I will be posting an update tomorrow. Today has been a long and draining day and I am sad to say it is not good news. In a way it is but, well I will post it tomorrow. Thank you all for your continued support and please, please continue to pray. Now more than ever it is needed. Thank you!!

• Mac
    Mac
    ...but I needed to ask a question. Has anyone here heard of coconuts used instead of blood for transfusions?

Yeppers......but then I've also seen platelets used for bras in remote native societies......

mac

• under74
    under74

coconuts?? Where the hell did you read that? Is this like a home remedy? At site of blood loss crack open coconuts?

• kls
    kls

Hi Shawn , nope never heard that one. You said it was a bad day , i assume you mean the jw talk with your girlfriend. Take a break from it and let what you have said sink into her head for awhile. The more you push she will run to her only protection that she knows which is the WT for safety because she is terrified to think outside the WT.

Remember ,it takes a long time and lots of patience.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Shawn, I do a lot of blood-related research and have not heard that, ever. I did a brief check of my usual sources and came up with nothing. Can you elaborate on the source of this info?

rebel8, of the "I am desperate for methods to treat my bleeding disorder" class

• Shawn
    Shawn

It was in an email of wierd facts. I searched google "coconut transfusion" and got some hits.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds like BS to me. Anyway, I was hoping this thread would be about boobies.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Haven't heard such a thing. Sounds bizarre.

DY

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Quite a few years ago someone toured NZ giving lectures on non-blood surgery to educate NZ physicians.

One of his stories was of using the juice of a green nut as a blood expander when there was nothing else available. He claimed to have used it in an emergency and that the patient survived.

The salt balance is close enough to that of human blood to not cause any problems and it comes in a sealed container, free of pathogens.

His lectures were poorly attended.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

The only time I've heard of this was in a Jackie Chan movie ... I think it was in "Who Am I?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit