"Winston Smith" died Friday

by HoChiMin 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

I'm moving this back to the front.

Thank you to everyone who has posted their condolances to me and others here who were Ed's friends.

I got to know Ed through correspondance over the past 20 months, and I can tell you that I leaned on his shoulder many times. A quote from one of his letters to me from last year:

"I've got big shoulders...so if you ever need anything, anything, if it's in my power, I'll do it. Bye for now, we'll talk soon."

I cannot believe he's gone. I keep wondering things like I wonder who is going to take his beloved cat? Things that make no sense. And I was only his friend, I can't imagine how his fiancee is feeling right now. I want to publicly thank HoChiMin for taking my message, as well as the comments that were posted here yesterday to Alma at the service. HCM, I can't tell you what that meant to me. Thank you, thank you.

Ed was buried today. I have the URL to his memorial info, there is a URL where you can leave an entry in the guestbook. One of the brilliant Women Awake ladies found it and I am so grateful to you too, Cynthia.

If you'd like it, please e mail me. I don't feel comfortable posting it here.

Thanks again for all your well wishes.

This just can't be happening...
    essie

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello HoChiMin,

I'm sorry to hear about the
    death of your friend.

Receive my condoleances, and may Jehovah, the God

of all comfort, help you all.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this