"How Do We Know the End if Near?"

by Bonnie_Clyde 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

Bonnie,

Interesting talk huh? The society has slowly removed most of the signposts for the end being near over the last 15 years. The biggest one being the age of the generation that saw 1914. Even the article that came out a couple years ago in the Awake mag. that changed the WTS stance on earthquakes in on place after another being a sign of the end. I believe is was a Nov magazine. I'll search the CD later. Most witnesses seem content to believe things are bad but could get much worse so the end may be a little ways off yet. The society needs a new stick and carrot.

• mnb77
    mnb77

I found a site that has some of the prophcies about the end times. it includes those which have past and those which are to come as well as those in progress. http://www.100prophecies.org/default.htm check it out, it is facinating. and they remember that fellow named Christ too! mnb77

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I forgot one thing the speaker said near the beginning of the talk. He mentioned some woman who had a group of people gathered together because she said the end was coming on March 23, 1986. They were gathered together, naked, and had previously sold their possessions and thrown the money in the streets. The day came and went and nothing happened except she met he own doom. I believe he said one of the disappointed members did her in.

He then asked, would we act irrationally? Those people believed in human predictions of when the end would come and they listened to that imperfect human as to how to live their lives. Don't believe just anything you hear. We need solid reliable guidance. And then he went on to give all the five points on how to survive the end of this system that is oh so close.

That's not the first time I've heard similar stories, making fun of other groups that predicted the end wrong. It never ceases to amaze me they can't see that we have done the same thing numerous times.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Dismemembered - My husband and I chose that screen name because we jokingly call ourselves "partners in crime" like in the movie, Bonnie and Clyde. I'm the only one who posts because my husband can't type.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Cool B&C

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit