Investigated the Dawn Bible Society (Russellites)

by orangefatcat 30 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

I'm almost positive he was. I remember reading on a BS DB about his history and he being an elder. I could be wrong. If anyone else knows different or if RR reads this he can confirm or correct this.

• blondie
    blondie

I think I remember him saying he was an MS.

He has a forum. You could verify it with him.

http://www.biblestudents.net/forum/default.asp

Blondie

• zeroday
    zeroday

You're probably right. My memory does not serve me well. I just qualified for Mcdonalds senior coffee discount, you know what that means.

• minimus
    minimus

Whatever he was, I enjoyed his input.

• zeroday
    zeroday

You can order a cd called "Berean Bible Studies" thru their web site. It contains virtually all of Russells writings. I also ordered the 6 volume Studies in the Scriptures for about $22 thru them.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Jim I am surprised you think they are O.K. I was involved with them for awhile after being ousted. Yes they really worship Russell. HE was the truth, you could obtain life by following him, I dont follow mans way anymore.

Are you going to PA this year Jim...?

• blondie
    blondie

You could go visit him, min.

I miss him too.

I have visited with 2 Bible Student groups as either end of the spectrum, CTR reverers and CTR respecters butters. Some hang on every word in the Studies in the Scriptues and others just see it as a guideline.

The more conservative ones reminded me very much like JWs when it came to "witnessing" about their beliefs. The others were more laidback and let their acts tell the story.

It will agree it is hard to find a group in your area. The ones in my area were the conservative ones and studying the book of Revelation, too much for a recently inactivated JW to handle.

But they have everything online and I have one of their CDs which helps in my research. No need going into debt buying antique Studies.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

I liked RR's threads. Very informative, esp. regarding the history. But I have no interest in their sect. Russell's writings are weird to me.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, getting the historical viewpoint from a Bible Student is very enlightening when compared to the WTS version.

That's what got me thinking, reading the old Studies and then seeing what the WTS put in the Proclaimers book.

Blondie

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I must admitt I had no idea so many of you were familiar with the Group and that some of you have gone to their meetings and convention. How very interesting.

In order to obtain the magazine "The Hearald of Christs Kingdom" is at www.heraldmag.org the recent copy of Mar/April deals the subject of the Memorial. It is an indepth study of the Memorial. Next months issue deals with the Pryamid.

It costs 5.00 a year and if for some reason you are unable to pay they will sent it free to you. The telephone number is

1-888-7-THE-PBI it is the Pastoral Bible Institude in CA.

the other branch is in Chesham Buck, HP5 3ED England

and the Borean Bible Institute is in Australia

at P.O. box 402

Rosanna, Victoria 3084 Australia

The Dawn Magizine is obtained by the Dawn Bible Students Ass. at

199 Railroad Ave,

East Rutherford New Jersey 07073 tel# is 1-800-234-3296

www.DawnBible.com

I hope this is useful to you. the Dawn Magazine has the story of "When Pastor Russell Died"

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit