I'm more interested in the Bible now that I believe it isn't inspired (?!)

by GetBusyLiving 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• neophobic
    neophobic

here here a christian, i think we all know that from most of the replies people get from there postings, SAD that all of these people are so lost. but here's hoping

neophobic

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    here here a christian, i think we all know that from most of the replies people get from there postings, SAD that all of these people are so lost. but here's hoping

Read the title of this thread ... if you believe that the bible is inspired that's good for you. Not everyone believes as you do - not because of hardheartedness but due to acquired knowledge outside of the bible itself among many, many other things. There is a whole universe we know nothing about and the bible does not spell that out for us. It is for us humans to learn throughout our lifetimes about ourselves and the world around us. Again, if you believe that the bible is the only source you need to guide you in this life then so be it. Others of us are open to learning, comparing, experiencing, and drawing conclusions based on critical thinking. Many on this board have been to college since leaving the org. - opened up a whole new world for me.

I used to believe because I was taught to believe ... now I will believe what I choose to and TRULY do believe in. If I were born in a Muslim family I would probably believe in Allah and the Koran ... etc. I cannot say that I believe that the bible is the inspired word of an almighty God. But my experience tells me that there is God within me.

• doogie
    doogie

the only problem i have with "bible believers" is that they often imply that its only through some defect that everyone doesn't believe.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:the only problem i have with "bible believers" is that they often imply that its only through some defect that everyone doesn't believe.

Yeah that and they think everyone who doesn't believe the same stuff as them are going to eternal hell. They bug me but what are you gonna do, everyone has their 'thing'. lol.

GBL

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    the only problem i have with "bible believers" is that they often imply that its only through some defect that everyone doesn't believe.

Same as the dubs. If you don't believe as they do then there's something wrong with YOU.

(sweet tee of the 'so what I'ma goat' class)

• doogie
    doogie
    Yeah that and they think everyone who doesn't believe the same stuff as them are going to eternal hell.

yeah, that's right. of course, all the believing in the world won't actually send us there. or make it real.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit