THE KINGDOM OF GOD

by Terry 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Carmel
    Carmel

A final comment I forgot to add.. IMO (to hell with humble)...building the kingdom of God is a "do-it-yourself-kit" with the directions provided by spiritual guides. We'll never get there, so to speak, waiting for it to be done for us by a God with a horrific magic wand (Armeggedon).

cheers,

carmel

• dh
    dh

that is what i thought when growing up. that once you know, you have to stay or you will die, and if you never know, you get all the same benefits.

but also that ultimately it's a free gift anyway so no matter how much door knocking you do, it's still up to god and his mood at the time, if he want's to give the gift.

bling bling

• SallySue
    SallySue

God has already given the free gift... All one needs to do is accept it.

He won't take it back...

• Terry
    Terry
    I would postulate that we are living in the "kingdom" and it is evolving around and within us. We are for the most part oblivious to it as we are still clinging to old ideas based on mythological renderings of ancient texts.

An invisible kingdom with an invisible king so subtle as to impress its constituents not at all?

Anarchists would be thrilled. Libertarians too.

The very word KINGdom and the concept of an absolute ruler central to all of society melts into a puny puddle of amorphous vacuity if such a description as you've given us were to exist.

I'm all for it.

It is alot like being rich while having no money in evidence.

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit