Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-17-05 WT Study

by blondie 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zaphod
    zaphod
    Learning to develop common interests

I thought this was done before the marriage started?

young witnesses have not time for this sort of thing before they get married.

most of them they are so desperate for sex that they will marry anyone with a heartbeat.

you can see it in their eyes at assemblies when they are on the hunt.

some will work on the marriage later, once the novelty of sex has worn off. that's if they are good boys and girls and heed the counsel/contingency plan in wt.

zaphod

• blondie
    blondie

While guys may be desperate for sex, gals are more concerned about finding a JW marriage partner before all the good prospects get snatched up and they are too old. They can take advantage of the guys need for sex. As I said before, guys and gals that don't learn to control their sexual urges as single people, don't do a very good job when they are married. Whose to say that you will only be sexually attracted to your spouse?

I will agree that many JW parents ignore the fact that their teenage children have physical urges and emotional needs that can lead them into bad choices. Some feel that it is better to be married than to commit fornication (see above). It is hard to get to know anybody in the organization, to be honest with each other, since dishonesty is the climate from the top down.

Love, Blondie

• zaphod
    zaphod
    While guys may be desperate for sex, gals are more concerned about finding a JW marriage partner before all the good prospects get snatched up and they are too old.

oh my gosh, i thought about very little other than sex and i am (well was) a girl. it's not just for boys.

maybe it's my gypsy blood but i had a fire aburning that needed aquenching.

zaphod

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

At our KH the picture on page 18 drew most comments - about a letter from Paul/Peter being read to th early congregation on how men were to treat women- and many passed comment on how the women were looking at the men -out of the corner of their eye

• blondie
    blondie
    oh my gosh, i thought about very little other than sex and i am (well was) a girl. it's not just for boys.

It is one thing to think about it and to act upon it, zaphod, which is what I was talking about. I have noticed that women have more to lose than their viriginity, getting pregnant, catching STDs because the guy doesn't like using condoms or not being prepared because hey we are good JWs. By ignoring the sexuality of their children, many JW parents set them up for dangers, dangers even for non-JW children.

I don't if it has changed that much in the 3 years I have been gone, but JW girls still want to find a JW husband, cute with money and status in the WT world. Single women have no status. Girls may think about sex but in the end marriage is the goal. Men in the WT world don't gain much status by being married.

Love, Blondie

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

blondie said: By ignoring the sexuality of their children, many JW parents set them up for dangers, dangers even for non-JW children. Amen, sister blondie; not just that, they have completely forgotten what it was like to be aswim with hormones. I have several friends like that; they whitewashed their own sexual history to their children and I know what it really was. The children are now trying to live up to a completely fictional version of their parents.

• heathen
    heathen

It's hard for me to imagine women as kings and priests because I don't see it in the bible . There are just too many restrictions put on women in the new testatment . I believe it possible for women to receive holy spirit tho but that in itself does not make them joint heirs with christ . Like I said earlier things changed dramatically during the course of the apostle Pauls ministry and after pentacost . I've already tried to discuss this with some witnesses and they took a crap on me so I'm aware of their attitude about it . They are hypocrites . If women were of the anointed then why can't they perform the baptism ritual for other women ? How come only men are allowed ? How come women don't have christ as their head like men do ? but instead their husband . The apostle Paul went from being delighted that women could prophesy and speak in tongues in acts of apostles but later placed a command of silence on them . There are alot of things that need to be considered .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit