Questions about JW

by Evanescence 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Hi I'm just interested in the jw's

I'm not a jw I just want to know more about your doctrines and stuff.

Do you get disfellowshipped by talking to a worldly person if so why?

How can u jw's live without speaking to people you love who r not jw?

What does it take to get disfellowshipped?

Sorry about all these questions I'm just curious

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

firstly welcome to the board

second love your id name

they are one of my favourite groups

as to your questions, you will find haeps of answers on this board.

No witnesses do not get disfellowshipped by talking to a worldly person, but a lot of association with worldly people is not recomended.

ther are various reasons you can get disfellowshipped and they do vary from time to time too

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Hi lehaa! i love evanescence! they r my favourite band!

do you really live in victoria Australia!?!

I do too! ha ha ha ha ha! what a coincidence!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

just sent you a pm. Check your inbox.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Hi I'm just interested in the jw's

I'm not a jw I just want to know more about your doctrines and stuff.

Do you get disfellowshipped by talking to a worldly person if so why?

How can u jw's live without speaking to people you love who r not jw?

What does it take to get disfellowshipped?

Sorry about all these questions I'm just curious

Hi and welcome to the board!!

Most of us here were either interested in the JW's and became one or were born into it. It is one helluva dangerous cult because the Watchtower Society tries to get new converts to cut off all ties with non-JW's by telling them that anyone who is not a JW is from Satan. You can talk to worldly people but the other JW's 'mark' you and consider you spiritually weak and a bad person. There are many reasons to get disfellowshipped. Many of them are just plain stupid mind controlling reasons. I Disassociated myself from the WTBTS because of their false doctrines and because they have a yearly ritual they call the memorial where they deny Christ as the Messiah. They pass the wine and unleavened bread but hardly anyone partakes of it. This religion cult is so Satanic thay even have pagan symbols of the Egyptian god RA on the front of one of their properties in Queens, New York. On the surface the cult looks really good and the organisation has perfected indoctrination techniques to get a person believing that the JW's are the only true religion. Just check out this site and also Freeminds.org and Watchtower Quotes along with many others to get the real truth about them. If you are studying with the JW's ask them some questions about what you find on the internet but be discrete because they will tell you we are lying apostates and try to keep you off the internet. If it doesn't work they will play mind F@%k games with your head like "you shouldn't become a JW because you evidently don't love Joe Hoba (what I call their god) enough. Most of them are sincere and don't know they are being misled and that's the reason a lot of internet sites have come into being... to help people get out of the cult without going insane.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Here's a quiz you can take to see if you'd really qualify as a JW. It's tongue-in-cheek and reflects as much the attitude of JW culture (in the U.S.) as it does official doctrine, but most people that have had contact with JW's and read it say it's accurate: http://thebentinel.com/jw-quiz.php

Here's a write-up of the reasons they forbid birthday celebrations and why those reasons aren't valid: http://thebentinel.com/jw-birthdays.html

Welcome to the board!

Dave

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Hi Evanescence -

Welcome to JWD.

We're happy to have you participate in our discussions. There's alot of info here.

Enjoy,

-Aude.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

The jw's are stupid! Jesus great commandmant is:

Love your neibour as yourself!

Also Jesus mentions to love thy enemy, not to curse them!

The Jw's are doing the exact opposite!!!!

I love the name Joe hoba! Thats a clever one!

From Evanescence!

P.S what ticks me off is the jw's consider evanescence music is bad!

How dare they call evanescence bad!!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Evanescence is from Ltittle Rock, Arkansas .....close to where I live!!!! A doc I work for lives in the house one of the band members grew up in. I think his dad was a lawyer. Don't know which band member it is though.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    P.S what ticks me off is the jw's consider evanescence music is bad!

The Watchtower Society becomes your conscience and makes decisions regarding taste in all sorts of areas, but you will find that individual Witnesses often have unusual tastes in music but keep them hidden!

I used to like Pink Floyd and Bob Marley, two well known names for you and both of these were frowned upon.

Both were seen as being related to a rebellious spirit, but within me they stirred hope and brightened my days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit