new passport....

by Country_Woman 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Last year I got a new employer - that ain't news you could say but that ain't the story - only the start of thois topic...

They needed a copy of my passport... and it had to be valid. (and mine was'nt) so I planned to get a new one.

Being a bit vain - I wanted a picure on it on which I was'nt look bad on or even "good looking" if possible.

A few weeks ago I went to a beauty school, and when I left there, I felt "beautifull" so I asked Viv to take some shots in order to have one of which I felt good.... So she did made this one (my avatar) and I reduced it to passport-photo-format 3x4 cm. and went for the passport..... and got is last Thursday......

Guess what: they mis-scanned the picture (and now I am pictured with a "loss of hair" on top - I look BALD.

I complained and they took my application: turned out that my passphoto was to small. Since they are scanning the picture they need the size 3,5 x 4,5 cm and mine was'nt.

So much for a nice picture on my passport..... and I have to use it for the next 5 years.......

Like Solomon said:

I saw all the works that were done under the sun, and, look! everything was vanity and a striving after wind.

• Golf
    Golf

"Vanity my favorite sin." Al Pacino used this line in one of his movies.

I'm surprised they didn't notice it wasn't the right size photo. Hmmmm, and now your stuck for five years? This will have no bearing on purchasing liquor, right? (Pun)

Photo I.D's is the thing these days. Big brother is keeping a sharper on everyone.

Golf

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

This lady told me : When I was the one who received your application, I would have refused the photo....

I wished they did..

I think I don't go abroad for the next 5 years - or maybe I loose my pass....

Since I am obvious above 16 (the legal age for alcohol here) I don't have troubles purchaging liquor - what's more, I brew my own.....

• G Money
    G Money

What if you accidentally put the passport through the wash and it got damaged and you had to get a new one? I got a nice 48 page one. Only bummer is that they keep forgetting to stamp it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit