The Casket Under the Coat Rack........

by soylibre 20 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Soyfibre,

I thought I had heard the worst of the JW funeral storys, but that is absolutely the most awful story I have read.

Even under ideal circumstances, their funeral services are the pits. They think it is a time to cram in all their beliefs about the soul, hell, and the resurrection. Precious little time is spent talking about the goodness of the deceased or for giving comfort to the berieved. They have no clue how repugnant thier "witness" is to the non-Witness mourners.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

It is a very very dangerous thing when a religious group who has no fear of death (relax, youll be ressurected pretty much immidietly by your perspective..bang you dead and before you realize you died you wake up in paradise! Just like in a beer commercial) and beleives they have the absolute truth on life the universe and everything gains power.
    -Dan

• soylibre
    soylibre

Larc....if you think reading it was bad...you should've been there!

• soylibre
    soylibre

C'mon people keep posting.......I like to read your thoughts...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I'm disgusted and horrified by the whole thing, Soy! It can leave a bad taste in your mouth when a mainstream minister tries to say things about someone they never knew, but at least they are trying to make a positive effort to confront the grief of those that loved the deceased. This story is the craziest I've ever heard! It just goes to show why Dubland is so heavily managed to make sure the outside world neither sees or is seen, because it's when idiotic, heartless behavior like this leaks through the cracks, that it becomes obvious how inadequately the average Dub is taught to handle and deal with the realities of life.

• soylibre
    soylibre

Well put Stepanus....I agree as a JW....you're not taught to really deal with life...you're taught to put everything on "hold" for the "New System"....what a joke....!!!!!

• soylibre
    soylibre

C'mon people keep replying......I love to read your responses..

• Monica
    Monica

Soy,

This is by far the worst JW "memorial service" I've ever heard about! That is just awful and I think about the poor 11 yr old child. What a horrible memory for her.

My JW brother's funeral was a few years ago. He was killed in a car accident at 35. The rest of our family is former JWs, so we all knew what to expect at his "memorial service". One of my sisters refused to go, because she is disgusted with the way they are conducted and she was also pretty upset that our family was approached by an elder who told us that we "might feel uncomfortable attending because it would be a JW memorial service". The rest of us decided to go anyway, fearing that one day we'd regret we didn't go. Well where was the Christian love?! We were treated like ghosts! There was a wall of pictures of my brother, but not ONE picture of my deceased brother with the rest of his family. Not one picture of him with his parents, brother or sisters. I guess we have my former-sister-in-law to thank for that though. It must have been difficult for her to find pictures of my brother in his younger years without any of us in the picture with him -- so it took careful planning to make sure that NONE of us were on the display board!

We actually brought with us quite a few never-have-been JWs and each were totally disappointed and it left NO positive impression on them. In fact, I have to say the word "disgusted" would most describe the feelings of the dozen or so others that we brought with us.

Anyway, sorry for rambling and I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your friend and that terrible experience.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Soy: Your story takes the prize. I have close links to the funeral industry. Secular funeral directors in general are disgusted by the antics of JW’s. ie. Not entering churches even for a close relative (Like it’s some kind of voodoo).

Bboy: More detail than I needed thanks

• soylibre
    soylibre

Monica, I'm sorry to hear about your brother....what a shame... and Hippikon....the guys from the funeral home were so disgusted...there they stood...in the KH and the body is outside in a casket in the back of a hearse...they kept shaking their heads as if to say..."what kinda freakshow is this?" It was a fiasco!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit