of the mouth of babes

by Crumpet 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

i don;t know what made me think of this as its a memory i haven;t retrieved in 17 years at least but it made me chuckle and it was a favourite story of my parents!

When I was 6 and my little sister was 3 we were at a Thursday night meeting, when she began to whispher to my mum " I want a smack". My mother thought she had misheard and looked away but no lil sis said it a bit louder tugging at her arm, "Mummy I want a smack." Annoyed and puzzled my mum shook her off and said "don't be silly, be quiet!"

At which point lil sis got hysterical and started saying in a normal voice so everyone at the hall could hear "MUMMMY, I want a smack, I want a smack."

My mum had no choice but to take her out to the ladies, at which point i had to kick my heels at the plastic chair legs waiting to dfind out why.

Later the story was told - Lil sis had begged to be smacked during the meeting when mum asked her why because she was sooo bored!

Lil sis is now a semi bethlite and pioneer but remembering that story made me giggle all the way home.

Anyone else have examples of out of the mouth of babes?

• ivy
    ivy

That was a very funny story. Twisted, but funny.
    One of my parents favorites, was a time I was also bored at the meeting. I think I was 4 or 5. I was squirming around and generally misbehaving, and after repeated warnings my father decided it was time to take me to the back and teach me a lesson. Well, 1/2 way up the aisle, being carried over my father's shoulder, I reached my hands out and said loudly, "Jehovah, save me."
    He didn't.

• Chia
    Chia

I remember once a child at the Memorial asked his mother very LOUDLY if she had any underwear on. She tried to shush him, but he insisted again, and louder this time.

• vitty
    vitty

I remember in a meeting a father took a child to the toilet. When the child came back to his seat alone his mother asked him where his dad was. The child replied loud enough for everyone to hear, that his dad was having a poo. Everyone laughed of course, then laughed again when he came back in !!!!!!!!!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

my mum tells me when my cousin was little, he's older than me, was little his dad took him out for a smack.

All the way down the iasle he screamed "No daddy i'll be good, i'll be good" His dad just ignored it, just as they got to the door my cousin screamed "MUMMY HELP"

My auntie and everyone in the hall just burst out laughing.

I used to love it when my kids played up, was a great chance to go outside and walk around in the sun, or go out into mothers an babies and have a good goss session. Anything but sit through the boring meetings.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

my eldest son was about 4 when he was playing up in a meeting. he was reading/hitting the brother infront with- a winnie-the-pooh book. As he got more and more upset that i had taken it off him. he screamed "I WANT POOH" as i started to take him out to calm him down. well, it stopped the speaker in mid-sentence and many ppl couldnt stop laughing.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I was always disturbed by the number of kids getting smacked because they are expected to sit straight for hours...tsk.

As for my personal story...I remember when me or my sister used to talk together before the meetings, we were quite small. And sometimes we would start to talk about demons and Satan, and for some reason, the word Satan made us laugh. My dad seemed horrified that people would hear us, and told us not to say that names for nothing...he did the same with jesus and jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit