Community Service and the JW's

by startingover 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What is truly sad is that when a JW is sentenced by a court to do community service, the only service they will do is "field service"... so their punishment is not one after all because they were doing to do that anyway.

• delilah
    delilah

I too am a hairstylist. I remember a sister, relatively new in the borg, came for a perm as her son was getting married. Afterwards she said thanx and I'll have to pay you later. I was stunned that she would pull that on me, as I was a single mom at the time, and had spent my last $6.00 on a perm , expecting that she would pay me. I saw her about 6 weeks later when she approached me for a trim, I said ok. I gave her the trim and told her she owed me $40. for the perm and $10. for the haircut. She looked at me as if I was holding her at gunpoint and said,"if I pay you that, I won't be able to go out with the sister's for lunch tomorrow" I said "well, I'm sorry but I need the money ". She handed me the money, and left in a huff. About 5 months later she had her daughter ask me if I would buy the perm at cost and lend her my perm rods and she would do her mother's perm. I told her No, she could buy a perm from the drugstore and they never came back. There were many other times that different ones expected me to do them favors and they had more money than i could ever shake a stick at.It disgusted me...or they would go to a fancy salon, pay ridiculous cash for shoddy services, then come to me to fix them up at no charge..They all wanted favors and special consideration, but when it came to me and my daughter, they had no time... or cares.

Dee

• bule
    bule

ohh boo hooo hooo you people are a bunch of whiners I swear

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

How about that?

• battman
    battman

No wonder the JWs never discuss the Good Samaratan. That good person didnt have the time to stay but instead left money behind to ensure the victims care. Pretty much like contributing to United Way etc. I my 55+ years I have never come directly in contact with someone who desperatley needed help. Prior to becoming a dub I contributed to the United Way. Now that I am out I am back to lending assistance to those in need wether I can see them or not. JW's are extremely self centered, inward looking and selfish. All in the name of serving the sock puppet JAH. battman

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Along the lines of this discussion, I remember when my dad was out of work (but since he was df'd, no one in the congregation much cared).

A relatively "new" sister brought over a box of groceries (including treats for us kids). Now, my mother's family had been "in da Troof" since Rutherford's day, but I remember being so surprised that she would do that for us. No one else had ever done that, to my memory.

Takes someone still "close to the world" to just do the kind thing, I guess.

Jankyn (still remembering that chocolate and the very kind sister)

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

And all of it is justified with the scripture about 'look not toward your own interest', and 'keep not account of an injury'. Of course, it is very easy to spew this crap if you are on the griftor, sickening for the serial griftee.

Oh yeah, the crap about being an imperfect human is called into play if they get caught red-handed in a big way. Cheap ba$tid$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit