What movies have you seen that make you want to be a better person?

by confusedjw 23 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

The Shawshank Redemption

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

High Noon - Just a great classic on courage

Gone With the Wind - I love Melanie Wilkes' character as it is probably the best example of proper Christian behavior, ie not being judgemental or using your morals to imagine yourself superior to others)

The Passion - I just love the part where Jesus crushes the snake. I try to take on that attitude when I am tempted. I hate that snake.

Zulu - Great example of working your plan and sticking to it

The Searchers - Great example of just being a stubborn, relentless sob

The Holy Grail - Because strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, really is no basis for a system of government

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

I saw some prOn that made me wanna...oh nevermind!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

April Shame on you!

What was the movie? Where did you get it? kidding!

Brooke

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Awww, Crumpet, I loved the Anne of Green Gables Movies...can you believe Megan Follows just turned 40?

Anyhow, for me, recently, Million Dollar Baby..

• FMZ
    FMZ
    La Vita e Bella.

Classicist, saw this recently, it was absolutely amazing... I loved Roberto Benini's character.

FMZ

• jwbot
    jwbot

Amelie
    Hotel Rwanda
    The Pianist
    Schindlers List
    Garden State

Some of these (Amelie, Garden State) inspire me to really live life, they are happy, beautiful movies and I strongly recommend them. Other movies (Hotel Rwanda, The Pianist) are the types that really show you just how evil humans can get and leave you dumbfounded-but also aware, I think it is important to be very aware of the dark times in our history (even recent history-1994: Hotel Rwanda) as humans.

• Outlawed
    Outlawed

Easy rider (1969),

a vew years later I'll become a JW. And now I am Easy riding again.

Robert

• Golf
    Golf

None! Living with honest and decent people is all I need.

Golf

• Dustin
    Dustin

Gladiator and Braveheart

They just want to make me sieze the day. I want to find my true calling or destiny and fulfill it. They both inspire me to step up and be the leader I want to be. To start a revolution, to control a mob.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit