Where is this verse.............?

by PAJA 10 Replies latest jw friends

• PAJA
    PAJA

What is the profit of man if he gains the whole world but looses his soul.

Or some variation on that as Im probly getting it wrong

• Sirona
    Sirona

why don't you search the bible online?

Put bible online in a google search and you'll find it.

Sirona

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Mark 8:36 (and parallels)

• Shania
    Shania

It is found in Matthew 16:26---For what benefit will it be to a man if he gains the whole world but forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

• Will Power
    Will Power

did I just hear this on Oprah? Ray Romano was reading it? wise words. will

• inquirer
    inquirer

Everybody is Christian over their! lol

We are quite unreligious down here.

I wish more people had knowledge of the Bible so I could talk to people about it... not necessarily religious about it, but people who just like to talk about it generally. :)

Did you know we don't have a Bible belt in Australia?

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation
    Did you know we don't have a Bible belt in Australia?

No, you Aussies are too busy playing sports, surfing, drinking tinnies, having barbies, eating vegemite and doing numerous other cool things to be worried about boring stuff like the bible. Good on ya.

Granted my total knowledge of the Aussie way of life comes from Home and Away but I assume it's pretty accurate. Maybe I'm a great galar for thinking it or maybe even a flamin' yahoo!

Burn the flamin' crows I'm off for a fosters.

• WHO
    WHO

>>Did you know we don't have a Bible belt in Australia?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Can I piggy-back on this thread to ask about another verse, possibly from John's gospel?

Something like "man cannot live by bread alone..." and why some Bibles add or don't add "but by every word that flows from the mouth of God"

I think I read about this in connection with the "king James only" debate. Can anyone shed light please on which is accurate and why such a variation?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Jeff,

Matt. 4:4 contains both parts, hence more details, whereas Luke 4:4 has only the first part..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit