New! Hello! Question???

by MadApostate 21 Replies latest jw friends

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

I apologize if this has been previously covered, but I'm new here, and I couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Can some of the recent convention attendees please tell me what is the theme of the upcoming Fall Circuit Assemblies?

I "walked away" around 1988, and I have not kept up with current JW events. Can someone explain the yearly schedule/names of conventions/assemblies. Also how long are they now? My recollection is that the summer event is called the "district assembly", and is 3(?) days long. Is that correct? Is there now only one annual "circuit assembly"? Is that name correct? How long is it? What are "special assembly days"? Is there another one-day circuit event?

Please fill in my gaps!

THanks!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hello! and Welcome to the Board, MadApostate.

(So are you angry-Mad? or crazy-Mad? )

District Conventions are the main event and are now 3 days long (for a while the Society alternated 3 day and 4 day DCs, but it seems they've settled on 3 days now).

Circuit Assemblies are two days long.

Special Assembly Days involve the entire circuit, but are only 1 full day long.

Each of these events is held once a year. The CA's and SAD's spaced out about 6 months apart.

Sorry I do not know the theme of the upcoming CA's.

If you'd like to share your walking away story, there's a Hello, Hello? thread on the Personal Experiences forum that you may post to.

Nice to have you here, MadApostate!

outnfree

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Thanks OutnFree for replying.

I'm angry-mad because I finally figured out that my crazy-madness can practically all be traced back to environmental factors generated by the Society.

Can you clarify when the annual Circuit Assembly and the annual Special Assembly Day is held. I assume one is Spring while the other is Fall?

Geezzz, I can sure see everyone here were once JWs. Its exactly like I recall going to te Kingdom Hall. One person talks to me, and I'm ignored by everyone else. Surely with all the people here, someone must know what the theme is to the upcoming Fall assembly???

• mustang
    mustang

Hello, MadA-one!!!

Welcome aboard. I can't help you w/ the theme, I've been gone 'way longer than you have, LOL. 'I survived 1975' madness.

I view myself as an extremely inactive, materialistic fence-sitter.
    I might irk some people because 'I don't do doctrine'. Anonymously, I'll talk about how screwed up things are.

Thanks for asking those questions, I was just extrapolating on the SAD's myself.

Again, welcome aboard.

Mustang

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    Geezzz, I can sure see everyone here were once JWs. Its exactly like I recall going to te Kingdom Hall. One person talks to me, and I'm ignored by everyone else. Surely with all the people here, someone must know what the theme is to the upcoming Fall assembly???

sounds like a pattern....maybe its just you..your second post here and you are already complaining??........the dubs arent satifying you and now the antis??.....i know the name of a good mormon board if you want

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Let's see...

you're from NY...

and you obviously ARE or WERE an Elder...

which makes you a double-jerk in my opinion!!!

• dedalus
    dedalus

As of this posting, your thread has been read 86 times. So, you're hardly being ignored. Personally, I don't have access to that sort of information, so I can't help you out -- that's it. That's probably the case with most of the others who haven't replied.

Dedalus

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

tsk...tsk...let me see...complaining already...and pre-judging..me an elder??..sorry...never had that special book........no wonder people kept away from you....and being from NY makes me a jerk???......how sad you are....I'll head down to shop @ SoHo while you go to your local Wal-Mart....cya

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Thanks for proving that my assumptions regarding your "NY attitude" were right on!

You obviously were the "centerpiece" of your congregation!

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    Thanks for proving that my assumptions regarding your "NY attitude" were right on!

hmmm......i know theres a really overused quip regarding "assumptions"
    just ask the WTS regarding all their dates

and like the WTS any direction thats given to me is direclty directed to our Creator

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit