When the Society started to derail? - I love history

by amen 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Flash: God sets up organizations to keep order and advance His purpose.

True. A slip of the fingers. I should have specified God does not require a specific earthly organization right now to carry out his purpose. At various times throughout the history of dealing with humanity there has been no earthly organization doing his will, only certain individuals.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• myelaine
    myelaine

Oldsoul,

you said: I should have specified God does not require a specific earthly organization right now to carry out his purpose

I say: Don't forget..... He still has to destroy the great harlot!

michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

BluesBrother,

Your post contained this quote from the mag.....it sounds a lot like the WBTS doesn't it?

*** w61 7/1 p. 410 The Traitorous "Evil Slave" and His Prototypes ***

From the words of Jesus it is apparent that the evil slave is a traitor. How does he show it? By beating his fellow slaves and by associating with those who are disreputable in God?s sight, "the confirmed drunkards," spiritually so. Does he beat his fellows with a literal rod? No, for the laws of the land would not permit that. Rather, he seeks to cause pain to his fellow slaves by hard and bitter speech, by slander, false propaganda, by assertions for which no proof is given nor indeed can be given. This he does both by the spoken and the printed word. He is like Diotrephes, concerning whom the apostle John wrote: He "likes to have the first place among them, [and] does not receive anything from us with respect . . . chattering about us with wicked words."?3 John 9, 10.

I would like to say that that evil slave does indeed beat his slaves with the rod, that is, the word of God. He breaks the potter's vessels to pieces just like he does in Rev. 2:27......something to think about.

michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

Daniel 12:7....

Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shalll be for a time, times and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.

michelle

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

Christ doesn't need an organisation, but in the 1st century he definitely had congregations that were loosely affiliated. I guess you could call that an 'organisation' in the broad sense. None of those congregations, before things became adulterated and corrupt, believed in most of the pagan dogmas found in 99% of Christendom today, so in that sense there is a comparison with JW's I suppose, but not only JW's but other non-Babylonish Christian groups too, such as the Russellites still around today.

The big difference is all in the 1st congregations largely had Christian freedom in thought (except for pagan sectarianism and return to the old Hebrew system of worship), promoted Jesus as the central theme of salvation, and were not idolising a Governing Body that threatens to expel people for publicly saying their disagree with certain contentious and debateable 'grey area' creeds.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Rev 18:4....

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, MY people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues."

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

Dan 7:25.....

"He shall speak pompus words against the Most High, shall persecute the saints of the Most High, and shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand for a time and times and half a time."

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit