Ever been in Ohio congregations: Bethel, Russelville, West Union, Gahanna?

by AlmostAtheist 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Just wondering if I've ever crossed paths with anyone here before. I've been in these congregations:

Bethel, Ohio (near Cincinnati, very fun congregation)

Russelville, Ohio (not near anything, also fun, more old-school)

West Union, Ohio (even further from anything, average age = 65)

Canal Winchester, Ohio (formerly South East) (near Columbus, nice folks, sorta cliquish)

And most recently Gahanna, Ohio (near Columbus, wasn't there long enough to get to know anyone)

I also attended Pioneer School in Ashland, Ohio in 1988 or 89 (Met a brother there that played awesome guitar)

If you want to speak up but not publicly, feel free to pm.

Dave

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Shoot! I dropped this in "beliefs and practices". Idiot.

Dave of the "Jedi Master in name only" class

• AlmostAtheist
  • Emma
    Emma

I've never been to the kingdumb hall there but did visit friends who lived in Gahanna. I can't imagine we've ever met, though.

Emma

• lovinglife
    lovinglife

My mom went to the Norwood Congregation (Cincinnati) in the early 70's. We also went to the Hamilton East Congregation from 1976-1981. Then we moved to sunny Florida.

K.B.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

My parents had friends in the west union hall.....they were on the outer cusp of our circuit. Cant really remmber their names, but I know the family Im speaking of had a wife that had long bright red hair, and a guy that was shorter than the wife with blond hair. Does that help?

Also I have a posing question for you: Did you attend the Steubenville quick build ( maybe 10 yrs ago) If you did, our paths might have crossed :)

My ex MS BF lived in Col, OH for a while and worked for compuserve. Cant remember what hall he went to , but let me know if either of those ppl sound familiar

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    the family Im speaking of had a wife that had long bright red hair, and a guy that was shorter than the wife with blond hair. Does that help?

Also I have a posing question for you: Did you attend the Steubenville quick build ( maybe 10 yrs ago) If you did, our paths might have crossed :)

That sounds a little like Larry and Jerri. I spent alot of time with them. She's the only redhead I can think of at the moment. (They're since divorced and both remarried. Always makes me sad to think about it, since they were such a great couple.)

I don't remember going to the Steubenville QB, but even if I did it would have been as a know-nothing/do-nothing brick-line-type. I'm pretty sure I didn't go, though. I went to the Waverly QB, that's where Gina and I met! :-)

Dave

• willyloman
    willyloman

No kidding? There's a Gehanna congregation? Wonder if some of the pubs refer to it as "Gehenna" since, as in most congregations, the meetings are sheer hell.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Gahanna OH? Did you meet Vivian Leffingwell?

Can't say how I know her, but will admit that I do...

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Gahanna OH? Did you meet Vivian Leffingwell?

That name is familiar. I don't think I officially met her, but I heard a "sister leffingwell" getting called on to comment. Pretty sure she wasn't in my bookstudy, though.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit