davinci code!

by cyborgVision 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Jahna
    Jahna

I have read the book, watched what I believe to be the same show you watched (on History but a few weeks ago called The Real DaVinci Code) and just received Holy Blood Holy Grail and the companion book (to be read within the next couple of weeks). I have also watched several other documentary programs on similar "Holy Grail" subject matter.

Do I believe the theory presented in the DaVinci-code, not fully but it is an interesting theory. At the very least it makes you think about the history of religion. All of the concepts presented can be factual, whether they are or not remains to be seen.

I look at it like this, knowledge we take for granted today was at some point in time considered "out there". Is this the same? Could there be some truth? Challenging our perceived notions of truth can't be all that bad in the end, that is how we as a species advanced in our knowledge.

Is this all just fantasy, the Earth being round was labeled just that at one time. Makes you think.

Jahna

I also just received and am currently reading In Search of Christian Freedom. WOW!!!! More about that one later

• sf
    sf

Right before Revelations airs [at 9 pm], DATELINE will air [at 8 pm] 'The Da Vinci Code' segment:

WEDNESDAY, APR. 13 8:00 p.m. ET "The Da Vinci Code" is a mind-bending best-selling novel that offers a controversial version of the search for the Holy Grail and the life of Jesus - suggesting that Christ, the Son of God, was also a husband and a father. Dateline's Stone Phillips travels throughout Europe to unravel what's true and what's not.

Viewers can call 1-866-NBC-TAPE for NBC News transcripts and tapes of selected Dateline segments.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

The author of the Da Vinco Code made significant historical errors. I saw a good post on this a while back by Jim Pention, historian and author of Apocalpse Delayed. I will ask Jim Penton about his comments and repost them here. - Jim Whitney

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit