Love & work

by Andrew1342 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Andrew1342
    Andrew1342

Hi guys, I hope I'm not intruding too heavily on your private space. I'm sure you'll let me know if I am! My name is Andrew, and I'm a doctoral student of psychology based at Swinburne University of Technology, in Melbourne, Australia. If the moderator deems it appropriate, I would like to post a synopsis of my research area here, along with a link to my online survey for people who might be interested.

I'm investigating people's experiences of love, and of work. In short, I am interested in how people deal with issues which arise in their intimate relationships, and in their work lives. The survey asks multiple choice questions about: what people like and dislike about these areas of their life, what they would change, issues that affect their commitment and interest, how conflict affects them and how they deal with it, the value they place on their emotions and their thoughts when making decisions about these areas of their lives. The results will be used to educate health professionals, and people interested in psychology, as to how they might improve the lives of others.

The research has no political or commercial ties or funding. It is purely academic, and the findings will be freely available. The results of the study will be published in a scholarly article and in a thesis which will be available internationally. Participation involves the completion of an online survey, which will take 30-45 minutes to complete.

If people would like to participate, they can copy and paste the link below into their web-browser.

http://www.media.swin.edu.au/surveyor/survey.asp?s=01042135134253247146

For purposes of privacy and confidentiality, no individual will be identifiable from their responses. If you would like to receive a summary of our research findings, the final survey question provides an opportunity to insert your email address for this purpose.

If you have any further questions or would like to know more about the project, you can email me at [email protected]

I look forward to learning from your experiences!

Kind regards,

Andrew Armstrong BA (SUT), PgDip App Psy (SUT).
    Counsellor & Sessional Psychology Teacher
    Swinburne University of Technology
    Melbourne, Australia

This research conforms to the standards set by the American Psychological Association and Australian Psychological Society Codes of Ethical Conduct. If you have concerns which the researcher was unable to satisfy, please contact: Chair, SBS Ethics Committee, Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. Swinburne University of Technology. PO Box 218, Hawthorn 3122, VIC, Australia. If you wish to lodge a complaint about the way you have been treated during the study, please contact: Chair, Human Research Ethics Committee, Swinburne University of Technology. PO Box 218, Hawthorn 3122, VIC, Australia.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

woooo! that's another 30 minutes of my life I will never get back!!

just kidding...that was an interesting survey...made me think quite a bit. You need to add some catchy thing at the end that summarizes the person's answers..you know, like Cosmo and iVillage and all those silly peeps do.

(yeah...I know this is serious research...but it wouldn't hurt hahah)

good luck to you!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome Andrew1342!

Hope your research turns out well.

DY

• Andrew1342
    Andrew1342

Thanks very much for your support guys, and your well wishes. I really appreciate it. Having a final section which provides a personalized summary of your answers would indeed be a great thing! Unfortunately its beyond my present computing skills. Hopefully the summary of final results I write will provide you with some interesting facts and figures about love and work life.

I'll make sure that I pop in weekly to answer any questions which may arise in this post. If anyone has a private question about any of the questions asked in the survey, please feel free to email me at [email protected] Yours, Andrew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit