Selena and her 'JW' father

by Joker10 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

From what I know, Selena's father, Abraham, has been inactive for many, many years. Abraham's father was also a Witness.

I've heard him say recently what makes him go through life after her death and said its his hope in the resurection. My parents friends met Abraham and his wife at an assembly in Texas, now a few years ago. Selena was a believer and had attended meetings. They had a JW funeral for her.

Now, who ever is familiarized with Selena and saw her tribute concert Thursday night, I have question for you.

Don't you think the father is obsessed with her dead daughter?

As of today, not a member of her family has touched Selena's bed after her death. It's exactly the way she left it. Abraham has been working really hard to keep Selena's image alive,which he has. For the last couple of years, he worked to put on a concert which aired Thursday night . And DANG, what that a concert! The biggest concert for a U.S. Spanish-TV special. The stadium was full of fans. For anybody who saw it knows that these people were worshipping Selena. Selena lives!, they kept saying. Seated was Abraham. Silent, but proud of his work. Does anybody else think he is truly obsessed?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Joker:

I don't blame him ONE bit. His beautiful daughter, that he raised from birth, is dead. Killed by violence, and not by nature.

He is trying to hang on to her memory, through her music, and through other means, and I don't think that is wrong. He is trying to keep her memory alive, and I say: bravo~

Selena was a person that was very happy, and optimistic, and she lived for her fans. Her music lives on, and I see NOTHING WRONG with her Father bringing that to the fore. More power to him. She wasn't a Goddess, but she was accepted like one.

CG

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is difficult to say how someone "should" act after their child has died. I imagine it is quite hard for them to change certain things, whether it be her bed or something else.

As far as his reasons for doing this concert, who knows. Maybe a tribute, maybe money, maybe both.

• love11
    love11

Ya, he's obsessed. But I would be too if my daughter was killed.

It's too bad that happened, I really thought she seemed like a good person. She was on her way up. It's too bad.

• avishai
    avishai
    Don't you think the father is obsessed with her dead daughter?

As of today, not a member of her family has touched Selena's bed after her death. It's exactly the way she left it.

Are you a parent Joker?

Lot's of dubs keep the rooms the same. For the ressurection, ya know. It's really sad.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

You know, given the fact his daughter was so famous may make it even more difficult in some ways.

Maybe, too, in some ways it gives him comfort to see that here memory is alive and well with all the fans that she has. If this concert helps him remember her and makes him and his family happy, then more power too him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit