Theory of Gravity wrong???

by cyborgVision 15 Replies latest jw friends

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/gravitation_and_electric_energy.htm

Thank you Quotes for bringing this up, I've never read such a bullsh** in my life. Those people up in writing dept. should keep their noses in bible and leave science to scientists.

I rest my case.

• avishai
    avishai

The theory of gravity IS wrong. The earth sucks.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    The earth sucks.

If it did not suck we'd all fall off.

• Quotes
    Quotes

cyborgVision, You're Welcome!

This just shows you: eBay can yield all kinds of valuable things, even when you are not expecting it.

When I mentioned this article to my mom on the phone this evening, she said "When was that? 1932? Well, come on, you can't blame us for getting that wrong way back then".

My response: "Mom, it was 1932, not 1532. We've had Einstein's Relativity since 1905. Whoever wrote and published this article was full if [bovine excrement]."

~Quotes, of the "revealing a pattern of equine excrement" class

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision
    Whoever wrote and published this article was full if [bovine excrement]."

LoL, well said!

• AlanF
    AlanF

Jesus Christ! That is about the most ignorant article I've ever read! It outdoes anything written by Flat-Earthists and Young-Earth Creationists by an order of magnitude!

It's no wonder that the Watchtower Society's leaders have gotten much more complicated things, like interpretation of current events and "Bible prophecy", so ineluctably and spectacularly wrong during their entire history.

AlanF

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

That was quite the most bizarre thing I've ever read. It reads like the author has copied snippets from Victorian era science journals and tried to string them together. The article goes into far more detail than is necassary to get the point across as well and the more mis-informed embroidery the writer put into it the further down ignorant street he got.

It's funny how the WBTS still put in print that atoms are like mini solar systems like that Golden Age article stated years ago. Like you said cyborgvision they should leave the science to scientists and.. leave everything else to someone else too and just bog off.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

So the article is old, but was it published before or after the claimed appointment of the FDS? Was this the sort of spiritual food being fed to the congregation that God so approved of?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Cyborg...why leave something to scientists when the JW's can conjecture, twist, and clarify.

So the FDS has said reading the Awake magazines for 4 years would be the same education you would get in college. So....
    how many of you would let me operate on you by reading 10 years worth of Awake's? I'm a neurologist by the way.

Any takers????

LOL

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey, since we're doggin' the article, I always enjoyed this bit:

It is said that an atom is composed of one proton and its many or few electrons, depending upon the substance, whether gold, silver, lead, wood, or glass; gold atoms containing many electrons, and wood only a few.

Wood atoms. Hee hee hee!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit