Alternate Activities

by Shawn 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shawn
    Shawn

Can anyone suggest alternative activities that are group oriented that are allowed by JWs and not considered "worldy"? I am not sure where the line is in regards to right or worng here, if there is a line. I am trying to get my friend into a group function other than the JWs. Thanks.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Some dubs are hot for foreign language classes right now. It gives them a chance to preach to people in their territory that speak only that language. You could find a class in Korean or whatever language is hot in your area and suggest you attend together. It's not much, but it would give your friend a chance to see and interact with "worldly" people and see that they aren't evil people.

Dave

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LOL @ AlmostAtheist!

It's not much, but it would give your friend a chance to see and interact with "worldly" people and see that they aren't evil people.

Don't you know that interacting on any level with "worldly" people outside of work or school is considered bad! Shame, shame!

Oh wait I see the loop hole......."school"!

Lets see there is bowling "school", hey I guess if you put "school" after any actitivity your friend might be able to do it!

• love11
    love11

They're allowed to:

Play basketball, football, tennis, hockey, ice skating, hiking, swimming, all of the other things people do.

AS LONG AS it's only done with other Jehovah's Witnesses. If you want to hang with your friend then might have to ask for a bible study.

The JW's that DO hang out with worldly people are not considered as spiritual and the shunning begins.

• Shawn
    Shawn

She is at the point right now where she is getting back into JW and I think she may be willing to do something that is questionable. I am looking for something she can do that is not a direct violation. Is it possible?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

How about a dance class? Line dancing, square dancing?

Or a bowling team?

Or playing cards on Wednesdays with some friends?

How "questionable" are you wanting to get? Comedy clubs? Night clubs?

• Shawn
    Shawn

How questionable is not the question. I just want her to get to know "worldly" people and know that they are not all evil tools of satan. Her family unfortunatly is not the greatest model for this.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Chances are she won't go to whatever you have in mind if it's on a meeting night. Try to work around her schedule if possible. Or do just the opposite - before she gets too committed to meetings.

• Shawn
    Shawn

That was my thought. I need to occupy her BEFORE she gets deeper in.

I just came across this and was wondering if I could get some clarity.
    The following link has info on 2005 being the End of Days per the WTS:
    http://www.towertotruth.net/Articles/last_generation.htm

Any thoughts on that? Is this being told to JWs or is this not true?

• love11
    love11

Maybe she would be interested in a Bible discussion (from all religious points of view) that they have going on at pretty much all of the Barnes and Nobles about once a month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit