Is It Right To Tip Your Hat To A Lady?

by Englishman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Some may be inclined to tip ones hat to a lady but when I greet a lady by the removal and incline of said 'tit for', then I can assure you my head gear has been well and truly doffed.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ah, you mean "TITFER"!

Titfer = tit for tat = hat.

Englishman.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Found this picture of Eman. *swoons*

I always appreciated being treated like a lady, and hat tipping is something that I always liked. I think that some women have gotten so militant in their desire to prove that they are equal to men that they have ruined some of the more charming ways that men acknowledge our femininity. Opening doors, tipping hats, giving up a seat.... You hardly see it anymore...

Jeannie

(of the incurably romantic class)

Sir Galahad, George Frederic Watts

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I rarely wear a hat, but I will offer a curt bow of the head and touch the forelock. I learnt that behaviour on long Summer vacations as a child, visiting my English Grandfather who was a real gent.

I don't recall him getting slammed for it, and he eventually became an Elder.
    How wacky and regulatory is that article?!!!

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman
    Man and woman were not created equal in power and glory; the man came first and was given special prerogatives.
    It is the woman that is commanded to show respect and recognition of the man?s position of headship, and women who rebel at it are not so much rebelling against men as they are against God.?Gen. 3:16; 1 Cor. 11:2-10; Eph. 5:33.

WTF!!! I am going to puke all over again......How Did they get me to buy into this sh*T????

never again

Glenny

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Does it just not cease to amaze everyone how they have time to write about this crap? I mean really was "hat tipping" a raging epidemic of pagan activity that needed to be addressed?

And these are the same people who mock the Jewish leaders of their day when they were trying to determine if you blew your nose while being sick on the sabbath if that constituted work.

Petty and legalistic requirements like these make me want to vomit. When Jesus returns he going to come down here an kick their AS***S for being so stupid. I think Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was right....Christ only wanted us to be "Excellent to one another".....that's it....not a lot of laws. How much time did Jesus spend talking about THE ORGANIZATION? NONE!!!!!

• Fleur
    Fleur

I cannot believe the utter dreck that the WTS has dished up over the years, GAG!

I think that a man tipping a hat to a lady is utterly charming. On the other hand I'm not a damsel in destress type female in that even though I'm disabled and work with one hand (other using mobility device) when I am out and about, if I see a man with his arm full of packages, I would hold the door for him with my free hand, just as I would for a woman.

I think that politeness is a lost art in this day and age and I don't want chivalry to die completely...please, guys, keep giving it CPR until society wakes up and returns to conciousness!

hugs

essie

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

"But I still give up my seat for a lady if she has nowhere to sit..is that wrong too?"

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    out of a fear of what others may think the majority fall into conformity

which is why i wont do it.............but i will open doors...give up my seat..pay for the meal..do the washing up..say please and thankyou..listen to advice..put my coat over a puddle..cant think why im alone

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon
    Ah, you mean "TITFER"!

I stand corrected

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit