The hypocrisy of the DF policy

by Sirona 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I really feel for your friend, it's soo hard to deal with.

You're mum's answer is soooo typical. My mum, who no longer considers herself a dub and wants nothing to do with it say's the same thing to me when I try to talk to her about how hypocritical the whole DF'ing thing is.

Give your friend a huge hug for me and tell we're all there for her.

Give her my email adress if you want. [email protected]

I went throught the same thing got df'ed just to get away from an abusive husband, and no nothing happened to him either.

• Gadget
    Gadget

((((Sirona))))

Please pass on my regards to your friend. On a more practical basis, is there anything we can do to help her? You said she's living in an unfurnished rented house, is there anything she needs? I recently moved in with my girlfriend who also owns her own home and so we had two sets of everything, a lot of which is in storage waiting for a car bootsale. If she can use any of it she's welcome to it. Do you still have my phone number? And I'm in Manchester this weekend for a conference so arranging to meet and drop it off wouldn't be a problem either.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Wow thanks Gadget, yes I do have your mobile number, I will speak to her,

hugs

Sirona

• logical
    logical

The thing that pisses me off the most is those evil people get away with all the shit they do to others in the name of their evil god. THE IS NEVER ANY JUSTICE.

Shes lucky she has a good friend like you, show her what real love is not that evil stuff they paint "love" over to fool people.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

while it is true that you are a member of a religion that you know dfs for wrongdoing-at the time you join (baptised) whether at 6 or 60 you have no idea of the effect of dfing...so it is untrue to say that one knew what they were doing when they joined and there is no input to make you aware of that and you wouldnt join if you knew...the ironic thing here is they say that they want you to feel the effects because they want you to return but once you do feel the effects that is not a sufficiently good enough reason for them to reinstate you...i became a broken suicidal wreck and they kept telling me that i needed to become more stable in order to produce fruits befitting repentance..and the more i screamed 'im not crazy' -the crazier i appeared...the bigger irony was i was always genuinely sorry and ashamed of what i had done and so i hadnt done anything worthy of being df in the first place....they said i was just sorry i had been caught...pillocks...way to go holy spirit

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

Well if they want to apply 1 Corinthians 5:9 in this case then many others would also need to be shunned, that is, anyone greedy (so all you elders having your businesses and greedily wanting more)

All you elders, MS, pioneers, bethelites GB members who are drunkards, so all of you who regularly get hammered, you all need to be DFd too

Because it says "quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man."

And oh man, talking about some of you high up being extortioners in every sense possible. Illegal use of official position or powers to obtain patronage even property and funds ... need I go any further

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Sirona:

I bottled it. He said "how are you?" I said "fine thanks, you?"

You should have said "Merry Meet" (or whatever it is you people say)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Derek:

You should have said "Merry Meet" (or whatever it is you people say)

He might have taken it personally and thought she was trying to seduce him

Sirona:
    Why give them the opportunity to DF you?
    There's surely nothing to gain from that.
    They don't own you, and you don't owe them an excuse to put you down.

I'm really glad that you're there for your friend, though

• Sirona
    Sirona

Perhaps the whole thing has highlighted to me that I'm not being fully authentic when I'm around JWs. Don't get me wrong, I never say "merry meet" to anyone! LOL derek! No but I do check what I say. I don't mind checking what I say for my mother out of respect but generally when I meet JWs (IF they don't shun me...which they do,mostly) and they try and preach to me, I'm usually pretty quiet. I suppose I just want to say to one of them, "well I think that JWs are a destructive cult and if you were allowed to read anything, you'd think so too"

Thanks for your support everyone.

Sirona

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Perhaps the whole thing has highlighted to me that I'm not being fully authentic when I'm around JWs.

Sirona,i can totally understand where your coming from.I am the same around my Parents and the few Witnesses i still see...so many times i have wanted to say what is really on my mind,not neccesarily about it being the destructive cult,more the sheer stupidity of the Religion and the lack of chances it gives to People to improve themselves...having to leave School,blah blah,get baptized blah blah,get a crap Job...you know the stuff.

Why do i tip toe around them?They are as subtle as a Brick when criticizing me!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit