What good bible wisdoms do you know?

by Bas 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Sirach 9:10: "Discard not an old friend, for the new one cannot equal him. A new friend is like new wine which you drink with pleasure only when it has aged."

• Bryan
    Bryan

Ditto JH!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Among my personal favourites (from Q-Matthew):

The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light; but if your eye is unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!
    Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. For with the judgment you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor's eye.
  • EvilForce
    EvilForce

My favorite verse to look up was in the old testatment that if when two men were fighting, if a woman should grab one of the men by the privates to help her man out her hand should be cut off.

I thought it was cool the bible said "privates" when I was 13.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Quotes...I love your site. When you do a "deep"inspection of what the bible has to say on so many things you start do realise that they are only deep in sh!t. http://quotes.watchtower.ca/bible_quotes.htm

• Bas
    Bas

Thanks for your replies guys!b

I like the one the one Narkissos brought forth, the one about judging. I think it should stand shoulder to shoulder with:

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" I find them both very important and they are derived using the same logic. "Love one another", I think is idealist as IMO you can't force love. But ofcourse it's good to keep this ideal in the back of your head. The one about friendship from the classicist is a nice one, it's also something you might find out by living The other rediculous, harsh and outdated quotes that quotes quotes point to the fact that the bible contains alot of bad advice too. I'm hoping for some more wisdom that still is relevant today, so keep it coming! Bas

• Brummie
    Brummie

There are many fantastic sayings of wisdom in the Bible.

"an answer when mild turns away rage"

Brummie

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

blessed are those who expect nothing...for they shall not be disappointed

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I think the over-riding JW bible wisdumb I learned was:

Do unto other before they get a chance to do unto you.

• love11
    love11

I learned how to make out by reading the Song of Solomon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit