Matter of Faith and Evidence

by Amazing 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Amazing,

Thoughts you are experiencing are normal, and many of us have thought about all these things too. Keep ahold of the 'anchor' Christ. Many questions will be answered as time goes by, but remember we will never know the complete knowledge of God. But you can and will feel his presence in your life at various times.

Your friend,

Outaservice

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Kes152: You said,

"I wish very, VERY much that YOU would 'walk' with the Anointed Jesus. For you to get personally "used" to him, his voice, his words. How he always stays consistent and will let you know that you are the one that is "wrong," no matter how close he lets you get to him."

In my post above, you may have missed this comment I made about Jesus Christ, "What inspires me so far are not any religious movements, doctrines, rituals, beliefs, or philosophical arguments. Rather, the life and spirit of Jesus Christ is my only anchor remaining holding me back from from the great chasm of total uncertainty and agnosticism. The flame, the fire, the spirit of Christ has held me for 50 years, and has yet to die out. But, all the religious appurtenances, ancillary beliefs, and associated dogma have been forever burned away like removing the chaff from the wheat."

My comment above clearly establishes that I am very much a Christian and hold to the anchor of my faith, Jesus Christ, and him alone. My religious experiences have stripped away everything but Jesus.

You then noted in your conclusion,

"I really wish you could come to the Light and see just how "revealing" and how 'repulsive' we REALLY are. Ths is what will build faith and protect us from those who are trying to "mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones."

I have to disagree. We are not repulsive to God or Christ. Our sins and imperfections may be repulsive, and attempted 'works' may be as 'filthy rags' as some translations say, but in God's sight we are His Children, beloved, and anything but repulsive. So much so are we loved that He sent his only begotten Son to die that we may live with Him forever. - John 3:16

The point of my post: was not to be lacking faith, but to discuss and debate the issues of how we as Christians can realistically and with genuine evdience establish God's existence before our fellow humans. To date this has proven a difficult and nearly impossible task. But, unless we can find something better with which to represent God, then eventually even those of faith will lose their faith, and our world may end up abandoning God as He seems to have done with us. - Amazing

• joelbear
    joelbear

Amazing,

Great post. I would be interested in you doing a critique of my lifeism theories. I puzzle over the same questions as you. I have put my thoughts together briefly on my web page. www.joelbear.com under the lifeism button.

I have faith in what Jesus represents, that is, total self sacrificing love. I see Jesus as a symbol. Whether or not Jesus as one human ever existed is irrelevant. It is self sacrificing love that makes for the possibility of a peaceful unified prospering living universe. I extend self sacrifice beyond the realm of humanity. Humanity, as a group, must learn self sacrafice, and leave more of the world for nonhumans to enjoy and prosper in.

Self Sacrifice is the way to peace and happiness. I think the concept of Jesus is the way to get there.

hugs

Joel
    www.joelbear.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit