I'm not one for...

by love11 40 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11

introductions so I never said the official "Hi I'm a newbie thing". Now I'm a junior member and I thought that maybe I should speak up and just say hi to everybody out here that gave me good advice when I needed it and made me laugh in spite of things. Hi to all that I haven't gotten a chance to talk to yet and hopefully we'll get the chance here soon.

Instead of the whole "welcome thing" I'm wondering if you could all write one life lesson that you have learned through the years. Anything you want, suprise me! Thanks...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

if you bang your head against a brick wall - it is not the brick wall that gets hurt

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Well, this will sound pessimistic, but:

Don't expect anything from anyone.

Welcome to the board!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Love is like pizza... when it's hot, it's great... when it's not, it's still pretty good.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Dancing is just like standing still, only faster.

• love11
    love11
    Love is like pizza... when it's hot, it's great... when it's not, it's still pretty good.

I think so... hehe

• Brummie
    Brummie

The boards better for having you here x x

What have I learned?: "I don't like violence, but I'm very good at it." ;)

Brummie

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

One thing I have learned is never judge a person until you've walked in their shoes.

And welcome Love 11 to JWD. I hope you find the answers to what you are seeking.

Love Orangefatcat

• Brummie
    Brummie

Some more things learned:

Jack Parr: "My life has been one long obstacle course - with me as the main obstacle."

NEGOTIATING: The art of persuading your opponent to take the nice shiny copper penny and give you the wrinkled old paper money.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

All taken off a website thought of the day

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Dancing is a vertical expresion of a horizontal desire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit