Why can't I find "Captives of a Concept" in Amazon or Abebooks?

by hubert 11 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

I just finished reading "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz, And decided my next book will be "Captives of a Concept", by Don Cameron. I just read a post with this info on it the other day.

However, when I go to Abebooks.com, or Amazon.com, and type in the information, it comes up "o" hits.

I tried using the authors name, then tried the title, and got nothing. Does this mean there are no books for sale on these two sites, or am I doing something wrong?

Is this the full name of Don Cameron, or is his middle name really Don, and I need to type in his first name? I even tried Donald Cameron, and got no hits, too.

This happened to me when I tried to find Ray Franz, until I typed in Raymond Franz, when I was looking for C of C, and I got tons of hits using his full name.

Why am I having so much trouble finding hits on this other name and book?

Thanks for the help.

Hubert

• whyamihere
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere

Did that help?

Brooke

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks, Brooke, that should do it.

I'm curious though, if this book can be bought in a book store, like Borders?

Or ordered, even?

I want it ASAP, so I can start reading it at work on my lunch break.

Hubert

• Bryan
    Bryan

One reason my be that to sell through amazon.com the publisher has to give it to them at a 55% discount.. Ouch!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• under74
    under74

Hubert-
    I've had trouble finding certain books I wanted at Borders and when they haven't had something in stock they've been willing to order it for me. But I think this book might be out of print so you might look at alibris.com (used & rare book seller) and maybe keep a look out for it on ebay.

• under74
    under74

Ahh...nevermind it's not out of print....what Bryan said.

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks anyways, under 74.

Brooke gave me a web site for the book, and I am going to read some of it, to see if I really want to order it from Borders, or on line at that link.

I want to get a really good book to read, because If it doesn't hold my interest enough, (like C of C did), then I will get discouraged and put it down, or skip through it.

Does anyone know of any other books that really get to the heart of the matter like C of C?

I already read most of "in search of Christian Freedom" by Franz, also. That one was a little tougher, and I skipped through some of it, because it was more complicated. I'm not good with Bible quotes, so I lose interest on these areas of the books.

Hubert

• startingover
    startingover

I downloaded Don's book for $5 and printed it out because I couldn't wait either.

I just reread part of it last night, I think it's a great read.

• Cameron
    Cameron

The book is available at www.CaptivesOfaConcept.com

It is only available on the Internet at the present time (Lulu.com). I'm working on getting it listed at Amazon.com, etc. and in bookstores.

It is in the process of being translated into German and Russian.

If you have any quesitons please let me know at [email protected]

Don Cameron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit