are congregation revolving around mini-moguls or dynasties of elitist JW?

by cyborgVision 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have been to many halls and seen it in every hall, more noticable in small town congos.

The congo I am in now, there are two predominate families, One family is from the PO , one is from elder, both with many kids. The PO's daughter is married to the elders daughter. Anyway, the elder has been removed recently so I think there will be a huge shift now.

It is horrible for those that are not "IN" and it is a terrible form of control and abuse, but......they learned it from the best.

purps

• talesin
    talesin
    I am felated to one of these families from Central Oklahoma.

lol

but back to the topic,

There was one family that controlled the area where I grew up. Two brothers. They ruled us like despots. blecch

t

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Conversely, I've noticed that many of these "icons" in the troof... are now "has beens".

Agreed. Most of the old drama I used to see has dissapated only to be replaced by (choose one):

A) A humble Christain attitude among all the elders

B) A renewed sense of urgency

C) Meeting naptime with an occasional announcement that another icon family member has been DFed

I'll let you guess...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    even what cereal you should not buy since it supports "Babylon the Great", etc.

Let me guess: Sanitarium?

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

Yup Stephanus, I think that was one of those.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Yup Stephanus, I think that was one of those.

Understandable - it's owned by the SDA church!

• Gordy
    Gordy

Two congregations used the same Kingdom Hall were I came from.

For long time we used to "vote" for changing the Sunday meetings, morning-afternoon. One cong didn't want to change from morning to afernoon for 3 years.

Then we got a letter from London Bethel, sent to all congs, that if a KH was shared then congregations will swap meetings times, on the 1st January each year. It must have been sent out because so many congs were having same problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit