70's Classic

by whyamihere 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Preston
    Preston

Brooke, don't ever do this again...

- Preston

...the 70's...hmmm...at least the movies were good..

• IronGland
    IronGland

1970-76 was great--after that it went to crap.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I'm old enough to remember the 70s. To me, the 70s was about:

• Nationwide strikes by all powerful national unions in which membership was compulsory
    • Watching supermarket shelves empty due to said strikes
    • Not being able to use public transport due to said strikes
    • petrol shortages and rationing
    • doomsday predictors like the WTS, Hal Lindsey and Salem Kirban having a field day
    • Inflexible work hours for employees
    • rigid opening hours for all shops
    • fear of nuclear doom
    • Richard Nixon/Jimmie Carter; Gough Whitlam/Malcolm Fraser
    • Disco
    • Brown clothes (coming back, sad to say!)

Only one good thing came out of the 70s: (hint: see my avatar)

Stephanus, of the "glad I lived to see the 21st Century" class

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The women of the 70's are nothing like the women of the videos of today......

obviously boob jobs were not what they are today.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That was great. It's called apache, probably by tommy seebach band. The ventures and the shadows also did it. I didn't remember that, i looked it up.

S

• talesin
    talesin

Ah, the late 70s. Jobs were plentiful, and wages were good. Rent was cheap, and so was gas and booze. Levis 501 jeans were $10.95 a pair (Canadian!), and you could go out for dinner, a movie and a few drinks for less than 50 bucks.

You could get all gussied up and go dancing at a disco, or wear jeans and a t-shirt to the local rock'n'roll lounge. Donna Summer or Aerosmith, you decide! "Love to Love Ya" or "Big 10 Inch"?

Guys had long, beautiful hair, and wore cutoffs to go swimming in the lake. We didn't know the sun was gonna give us skin cancer, so we tanned and partied in the sun all summer long ...

And let's NOT forget the fabulous muscle cars that were so plentiful from the 50s/60s and 70s. My friends and I had the most awesome cars. And we could afford to insure and drive them! lol!

And yes, polyester sucked!!!!

My memories are pretty good, but then, I quit the JW in 1976. ;)

t

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    The women of the 70's are nothing like the women of the videos of today......

obviously boob jobs were not what they are today.

The women in the video are cute as they can be. In the 1920's women bound their breasts to achieve the flat, boyish flapper look. Big breasts have not always been the end all-be all of womanly beauty. Those haircuts aren't quite mullets. At that time the haircuts are still shags. Thanks for posting this. It was entertaining, what I could see of it. I have dial up. The video just kept buffering, so I couldn't watch the whole thing. I was a teenager during the 70s. I liked them, but not as much as the 60s.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

where did they plug there amps into?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    The women in the video are cute as they can be.

I agree. They look much more natural and real than how the bodies of the women on video today. Not the cookie cutter barbie look we have come to expect today.

I thought it was a great little video and I love the 70's!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit