Mass 'coming out': Revealing Our Identities

by philo 34 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Philo,

a very interesting post.
    I can see the reasons behind your argument.
    Personally I don't agree in revealing, at the
    moment, our true identity.

I accept Kismet reasoning:

"...Here is how they would respond to any media attention.

It was brought to our attention that these people were visiting web sites that were potentially dangerous to their spirituality. We asked local elders who know these inidividuals to shepherd them and help them through any spiritual crisis. It was during these meetings that some of these individuals expressed their desire to leave teh religion or confessed to wrongdoings that conflict with their standards of our faith. If anyone was disfellowshipped it was for being unrepentant for these wrongdoings and not due to their internet use. Decisions to disfellowship are done at the local level and the WatchTower Society of Canada or of New york do not dictate such decisions.

Or they will simply ignore it and/or issue a one liner. The WBTS does excommunicate members for unrepentant wrongdoing. "

and in mho, Francoise makes a point:

"And remember, religion isn't a function of the rational mind; religion is a function of the emotions, and people out there are sick, sick, sick. Why there are JWs who think that if you're DFed, you should be executed - save Jehovah the trouble."

TRUE.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• qwerty
    qwerty

Kismet said

Mommy PLEASE edit your post.
    There are a lot of freaks and weirdos that lurk on the net. the last thing you want to do is to give out your name and address and phone number.

It just isn't safe to do that. The least of my worries is Brooklyn.

Only cuz I care.

qwerty

I like Kismet. Good advice

• Norm
    Norm

All I can say is that I have been on the Net with my real indentity for 7 years now and nothing even resembling bad has ever happened because of it. I think many take this privacy and secret identity much too far.

Norm.

• philo
    philo

I'm glad to hear it Norm, and little surprised. I've never even received a crank email.

Mac and Francoise, what about gays? They had to come out before their cultures began to accept them.

philo

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Damn!! You mean that by staying out of this thread, I missed my chance to take my stalking of mommy to a higher, more personal letter?!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit