It's a small world

by Dustin 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

Funny story. In the last week I have had my Disassociation from the cult announced and taken over as manager at a new place of employment. Both are awesome things!!

Funny part is my first customer this morning was an elder from my former congregation. They walked in and saw me and turned white as ghosts. The elder was so flustered he looked at me and just shook his head and walked out. His wife who was in desperate need of her multi-vitamin kept all talking to the absolute necessitiy. "How much?" I find it funny how immature people can act when brainwashed by the dubs. My boss who was working with me (training me) looked up and said, "What was wrong with them?" He then said, "Those are some of the rudest people I've seen".

When I told him the story he laughed for a good five minutes. The only thing he could say was, "What a bunch of freaks". I had to agree.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

what a fine witness they gave by their public behavior... NOT! geez dont ya miss being one of them dustin? lmao

• Dustin
    Dustin

They gave a good witness to never become a J-dub to my boss.

• Frog
    Frog

That is classic isn't it Dustin! You know what you will do well to always hold your head up with pride despite how these (poor) dubs treat you at first. You can be truly confident that you have made the right decision, as you mentioned on a previous thread it is a truly empowering and confidence building decision. Why should they make us feel awkward and ashamed when we come into contact with them, it is their laws not ours that make the situation awkward afterall. Good for you, and don't ever be afraid to speak the "truth" to anyone who seeks an explanation for the source of your joy...what was that scripture along those lines? Had a similar experience at my work over the weekend, will send it to you in a message when I've some time later froglett

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Nice job. They gave a good witness didn't they?

I've had people avoid me until they can't any longer. Than they seek me out for help. I am a surgeon... so they like to ignore me when they can but when they really need an experienced doctor they coming running. It's pathetic, and funny at the same time.

• cheeseman
    cheeseman

Absolutely. They negate their own ability to think independantly, thus being closed to all reason. It becomes a situation where if things don't go according to their pre-programmed plan then the automatic defense barrier is immediately raised to protect the system. I feel fortunate to have escaped the clutches of these fanatics. It's frightening to think they are free to knock on peoples doors.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I've never been shuned,but my brother has. I'm seen all the time with my brother all over town and they have never said anything to me about not associating with a D'Fed person. I guess it's because I've been faded for about 25 years.

Ken P.

• love11
    love11

Great story! My friend and I have had a similar experience. At least you get a good laugh from it!

• heatherg
    heatherg

Hey Dustin, thanks for the laugh! Same thing happened to me when I was first df'd. Except I was a bartender and an elder and his wife came in for a few drinks, weren't they suprised when I turned around to serve them. They quickly excused themselves and left. I could only laugh and shake my head. How sad they are! Hg

• kls
    kls

That just ticks me off that they are so ignorant. They will accept a pedaphile but someone who leaves their lies is a piece of crap and not to even be looked at in the eye.,,,,,,,,A$$ HALES

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit