The next step in chipping away at Mr.elder relative

by SeymourButts 11 Replies latest jw friends

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts
    he will just revert back to the new light belief!

Agreed, but New Light? doesn't justify lying about the old light. Clearly no Bible Student in the 1920s was preaching that Jesus returned in 1914. A 1990s Watchtower that says otherwise is lying. It's fine with me that in the past JWs believed something different, but it's not fine that they pretend otherwise. It's clearly a deliberate fabrication and if the elder in question is willing to be intellectually honest, he will recognise it as such.

Exactly! It's the lies and misrepresentation that will get to them. In my opinion....my family wouldn't be as affected by the UN as much as they would be by finding that they were lied to about 1914. When you have family of the annointed, 1914 means a lot. I'm also not going to bring anything else up until the 607 discussion is finished. I won't let the conversation go off on some tangent. Focused and to the point. I won't argue doctrine either. Only facts. Doctrine will come later...once they see that something is wrong in watchtower land. My family have always been the calm, cool, and collected type. I have never seen a knee-jerk reaction out of any of them. I really believe that you can tell anybody anything. It's all in the timing and presentation. It might take 6 months or a year, or more. But, when the door gets opened, even just a crack, you have to be ready. Look for that weak spot and exploit the hell out of it. If they sense that you are angry, the door shuts. It has to be genuine concern from the heart. This might sound kind of dumb, but some wild animals don't go hunting for their prey. They lie in waiting.....waiting for that perfect moment when the defenses of the prey have been lowered. Then they POUNCE. Same thing here....kick back and wait....when the door is cracked......shove your foot in it. I can play Watchtower mind control games just as well as they can. I'm not worried about shunning either. They want to shun me fine....see ya. They tried that 15 years ago....didn't work.They caved in and contacted me. When they know you are upset about the shunning....they know it is working. I am very stubborn and not afraid of conflict. My family knows that if they ever attempted shunning me again....they will never, ever, ever see or hear from me again. After their last attempt to shun me, I refused to speak to them even after they stopped shunning. A little taste of their own medicine. My mother actually went to one of my "worldly" friends to see if they could help. I eventually made contact and things have been fine for the most part ever since. They promised that it would never happen again. The only reason that I have waited until now is that I had to make sure I knew what I was talking about. I had to have "all my ducks in a row" so to speak. It wasn't until now that I felt I was prepared enough. Too many people go into this half cocked and then blow it. You need to be prepared for any and every comment or response that they may give. I would take on the entire body of elders if they had the guts to sit down and argue with me.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

way to go, seymorbutts. happy hunting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit