First brand new Kingdom Hall built

by Kanon 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Kanon
    Kanon
    Well if you check the new pay attention at the meeting Video their hall is one of the 1st. Flat Roof, Lots of Glass and a JW.ORG Logo. Lucky them
  • Simon
    Simon

Remember when quick-builds were thrown up because "we're so near the end, it doesn't make sense to build permanent structures".

Now they are planning ahead for resale for when they are finished with the buildings.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Simon: Now they are planning ahead for resale for when they are finished with the buildings.

Which tells me that the leaders of this organization (the real leaders, whoever they are) know that they've got a cash-cow money machine here and that they're just going to milk it for all it's worth.

They're clearly not worried about any fictional "Armageddon" coming anytime soon.

• cappytan
    cappytan

It's quite different from the new Hall design. 

This would be a dual shed roof design. Shed roofs are mono pitched and pitched at a significant angle. 

The designs presented at the LDC meeting were what would be called "Flat" roofs. They'd have a pitch, but only at a very slight angle of 10 degrees or less for drainage.

• brandnew
    brandnew

If jw's actually get a chance to use them b4 they are sold ! ! ! 

I really think that they are pre sold units, that just need to be built.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Forget the roofs, did you see the kids faces on the drive home? I remember those looks on my own face-the "oh shit, I am IN FOR IT when we get home!" look.  Usually at that point, you have already gotten arm and ear pinched to within an inch of what you can bear without hollering out loud, but you know that your mom (in my case) doesn't care what the neighbors hear when you get home.

Yeah, the lectures, the spankings. . . ah, the joys of meetings. I think I paid attention because I was always the goodytwoshoes (distinguished from my naughty twin brother), plus, I read a lot generally and am detail oriented. Paying attention at meetings for kids isn't the worst thing though, let's face it-the teachings are insane and I started getting the sense that something was off by the time I was 8. I WANTED it to be right, but it just isn't. So, I was paying attention. It got me out before I was baptised or even 16 years old, so-good for me!   KEEP LISTENING CALEB! You are no dummy!  You are gonna figure it out!

• zeb
    zeb

Expecting persecution eh? So why the flat roofs, think about it? Things thrown onto dont roll off.

Lots a glass!

Persecution eh? so why no water storage tanks built? It is not only Australia that has a very dry climate.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

cappytan - I'm pretty sure that the exterior walls and the interiors could be standardized. The roofs, however, would have to be pitched based on local building codes. Areas with a lot of snow would require roofs that are pitched at around 30 degrees on two or four sides. In deserts, flat metal roofs are quite often acceptable and the norm and will use downspouts to drain off what rain or precipitation might fall.

The bottom line is that the Watchtower will certainly build them as cheaply as they can, and, as they have always tried to do, make sure they don't look like Christendom's churches.

JV

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    One thing is for sure.  Neither hall has enough disabled parking bays.  Every congregation I know is full of old ones in wheelchairs and those with ME or (the new fad) fibrowhatever that must be seated in sun loungers.  On top of that is all the people with tax payer company cars (it's a scheme in the UK for registered disabled people to get a new car at discount rates - some deserve it, some don't).  I think you need at least 30% blue badge parking.
  • SAHS
    SAHS

brandnew”: If jw's actually get a chance to use them b4 they are sold!”

Well, they would say that they are ‘making friends of the unrighteous riches.’ (Luke 16:9)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit