some please make sense of this!

by sad and lonely 14 Replies latest social family

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    The only good honest answer I got from one priest was that it really didn't matter, it was more for the surviving family. If the bastard ends up in a "hell" (which is a whole other topic in itself, as most here are x JW's and have an entirely different concept from "traditional faiths) what does it really matter. What mother wants to live knowing her child is in "hell"?

Remember ever Hitler was a Catholic in "good standing" till his death and was never ex-communicated or condemned to "hell", as you put it.

In reality, the Requiem Mass is meant to pray for the deceased rather than laud their life. Nowadays, there is not supposed to be a eulogy when the homily is supposed to be given. The eulogy may be given after the postcommunion prayer and before the closing rites.

We aren't to judge the person, and the eulogiser isn't to be presumptuous on the state of the dead.

Hitler wasn't a Catholic "in good standing" because he didn't attend Mass, he was involved in the occult, and he killed millions.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Sad and Lonely;

There once was a funeral conducted by a JW Circuit Servant (True story!). The body lay in a casket in front of where the stage and microphone were. At the appointed moment, he stepped out onto the stage, put his mouth to the microphone, and shouted to the audience (as he pointed with his right hand extended to the body) "That man is dead!!!!!!!!).

The response in the audience was electrifying and mesmerizing. After all, he was a "Circuit Servant!!"

If you ever want to go to a funeral where your loved one had passed on, and watch that special person in your life turn into a "pawn" or an "instrument" of a gifted spokesperson of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, you should have been present at this funeral! The manipulation and disgusting propaganda was not only shocking, it was altogether too obvious what was going on with these tactics. You and I are mere puppets and pawns of a much larger "play". The fact that you are laying a loved one to rest has little or nothing to do with anything. Telling the world, and all who are within hearing range, the propaganda of the Governing Body is everything, even if it is about someone who died. They have no couth!

Do you think for one minute that it matters whether the person who died lived a good life or a bad life? I don't think so. This simply represents another opportunity for the religious organization involved to use its representative to act as spokesperson on their behalf, to deliver a message that will get the audience to think about the religion behind it all, meaning, to get them to maybe consider investigating them in terms of the possibility of even joining them. In other words, a kind of "proselyting" effort, albeit somewhat subliminal or subtley suggestive. (On the other hand, I am not so sure it is all that subtle!)

One more thing, in terms of the professional clergy, they are quite used to being personally compensated by the people closest to the deceased. That provides ample motive for the priest or minister to speak so positively of the deceased. There are many things that may be going on that you and I would never be privy to. In other words, the reason why any member of the clergy would speak so positively of the deceased could have any number of motivations from behind the scenes, and so the whole truth can never be known or discovered.

It all boils down to you and I, who have known the decease, and his/her life while they were alive, relying more on you direct experience with that person, rather than a priest who knew little or nothing about that person while alive. The eulogy may or may not be true, or have substance, or not. You decide!

Rod P.

• JW83
    JW83

LOL at GBL!

To dust we will return ...

• blondie
    blondie

Well, the preacher remembers that these people are still alive and paying his salary.

Anyway, doesn't the Bible say that when you die you are acquitted from your sins.

Or maybe he's letting God decide.

Blondie

• Sith
    Sith

I guarantee that when I die, everyone...including the preacher...will say I've gone to hell. And to thunderous applause

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit