"Crisis of conscience"

by fairy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• fairy
    fairy

I am going to the library in a day or two to pick up the book "Crisis of conscience" they got in for me because i have read everyones opinions on the book......

I am not sure what to expect when i read it.......

• Frog
    Frog

Excellent idea fairy, I think I shall do the same, wish I had it now I'm suddenly feeling impatient to read it!

• under74
    under74

It's a good read and helpful to anyone recovering to put things in perspective. I don't think if you've been around this site much that it'll be anything that hits you over the head but you will see a GB insiders experince and take on the WTS.

Happy reading fairy.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

It's a great book. I read it originally about 15 years ago but just reread the new updated version 6 months ago.

I used to play with Peter Gregerson's son when I was little, and I remember alot of the furor surronding this. I remember all the talk and what not going around and then my parent's telling me Peter got DF'd for APOSTACY....

After reading this book it helped me really place pieces parts of what really was going on back then.... it makes me sick to my stomach what they did to everyone mentioned in the book in the name of Jehoba.

While I have not met Brother Franz I commend him on his out spokeness. In my opinion he isn't out to grind an axe with the society. Just a letter explaining his side of the story.

• JW83
    JW83

It is an excellent book, and really reasonably written! Hard to fault.

• JAVA
    JAVA

"C of C" is an excellent read, and was very helpful to me during the time I had questions about the Tower. This was before the Internet, which made the book the most important resource during that time.

I can recommend another book, if you can find it. "Visions of Glory" by Barbara Crizzuti Harrison. 1978: New York, Simon and Schuster. It's out of print, but some libraries have it, or you can do a computer search and find a used copy from one of the booksellers. Harrison died a few years ago. She was an excellent writer, and it's a great read about her life growing up as a Witness. She offers many insights about life at Brooklyn, from a woman's perspective.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I actually read the bigger follow up book first, (In Search of Christian Freedom) cos it arrived first in the mail first. Some bits of ISoCF are a bit harder to read but it also has some moving truths and completes the Crisis of Coscience picture. Excellent proof of how WTS is so wrong about the blood issue. One for the future?

But CofC is the best place to start. Don't be put off if 1 or 2 early chapters are not that easy to read. Its is a very truthful and loving book, written by a man who clearly has a genuine love of God, Jesus Christ, and Jehovah's Witnesses. The truth without bias or bitterness.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

You may have an unexplainable urge to fornicate with an apostate of the opposite sex upon reading CoC. Just a precaution.

GBL

• FairMind
    FairMind

The Demons literally fly out of CoC and you become an instant apostate. Just because what this book says is true doesn't mean you should believe it.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Fairmind,

I love your post but it puzzled me til I read your profile, lol. Have you read the book?

Do you believe the JW doctrine can be harmonised with the New Testament?

Isn't the reason JWs have such an authoritarian approach because of the most serious doctrinal error?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit