I wonder what JWs are saying about...

by kaykay_mp 4 Replies latest social current

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Pope John Paul II's death?

If anyone has been to the meetings lately and if any of the brothers and sisters (ha!) had any comments about it, please share them here.

I've noticed that other religions had nothing but the utmost respect for the Pope, especially at his time of death. I'm really surprised that the LDS had something uplifting to say as well--even Protestants!

I could just imagine what the JWs had to say about it. Something scathing, like, "Today we see an era of Christendom come to an end with the death of her leader, Pope John Paul II. Too bad that he will see all of his efforts come to naught when he stands before the Almighty Creator, Jehovah, to be judged!"

laters

kaykay_mp

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

yeah i was in a jw chatroom a couple of days ago and the jws were saying something similar to that. No respect for life or the the death of a fellow human being no matter what his title was. said some silly crap about the pope was going to be judged by jehovah the sock puppet god for not telling the real "truth".

Josie

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    some silly crap about the pope was going to be judged by jehovah the sock puppet god for not telling the real "truth".

at least the Pope didn't change his views on issues like sexuality and divorce, like a, ahem, certain religion that we all know of...

that's what I appreciated about the Pope. Yes, times may be changing, but he realized that it wouldn't do his faith any justice if it changed with the times.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Preston
    Preston
    I could just imagine what the JWs had to say about it. Something scathing, like, "Today we see an era of Christendom come to an end with the death of her leader, Pope John Paul II. Too bad that he will see all of his efforts come to naught when he stands before the Almighty Creator, Jehovah, to be judged!"

That's pretty much how it is, you've got it pat KayKay....what a loving religion, about as hartwarming as a Jack Chick tract....TURN IN YOUR TIME!...ugh

- Preston

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Just for curiosity, I went to several major Protestant websites, Methodist, Lutheran, Presbyterian. Found very warm messages about the death of the Pope on each. But SURPRIZE SURPRIZE, not a word on the Jehovah Witness site, or I guess it is the Watchtower Bible & Track Sosassity Site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit