Bible Reading Leading to More Doubt Than Faith... :(

by jeanniebeanz 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jez
    Jez
    "They have created 'god' in their own image.

I like that.

Jez

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I remember once trying to do the old '15 minutes of Bible reading', muddling through Genesis. I constantly had to ask myself why, WHY is Moses writing like this?? He kept repeating sh*t over and over. In frustration I just gave up on it. Hilariously enough, after I dumped the dubs I picked up a copy of 'Who Wrote the Bible' by Richard Friedman and it actually gave me chills when I came to understand how the books were edited and built upon by more than one auther, none of them being Moses. Now I acutally enjoy reading the Bible sometimes even though I don't believe it to be inspired whatsoever.

I'm a more avid Bible student now than I was as a dub or Christian. LOL.

GBL

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I try to K.I.S. (keep it simple)

1) This world testifies to me that there is a devine Creator with a plan; therefore,

2) I am part of His creation; therefore

3) He knows me and He wants me to know Him; therefore

4) I've discovered on this journey of life, that one of the many ways to know Him is through the Bible, which He allowed to be brought about, even in its "imperfect" form; therefore

5) It's up to me to seek out, and search for the "treasures" within the Bible and ignore those things which do not testify of Him.... in other words, He not only gave us a heart to understand, but He gave us common sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit