by AuntieJane 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Gozz
    Gozz

"Christ opens the door to Him" ...

"Do not be afraid" - John Paul II

Goodbye, great man.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

I hope this thread stays alive for awhile, not because I started it. I don't care at all about that. But because I wish it would help some exJW's to find a bit of humanity, not bash an individual because of some distorted teachings they were bombarded with by the WTS. And there is proof that the Catholic church has been bashed more than any other faith in the WTS literature.

But this person, Pope John Paul II, has earned the respect of the world, and not just CNN...(which is normally my last choice for news coverage) ...but every major news media is sharing the history of this man, the love that he had for peace, the love that he had for others.

• Gozz
    Gozz

Yes, true. JWs can learn a lesson or two. Pope bashing is in bad form, especially by Jehovah's Witnesses. The hatred of the JW elite for the Papacy is beyond normal.

But one thing remains: there's more than a small mistake in portraying the Holy father as faultless. What a searching JW will find as perhaps the wickest link in John Paul's record, (s)he should be unable to boldy talk about.

But this is John Paul II's moment of glory; everyone can learn a lesson or two from the great man's life, including his love for all peoples, and the unity he fostered among the different faiths.

I've been asking much older folks if they've experienced a more glorious death, and a life as celebrated as John Paul's; the answer 's blowing in the wind.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    this person, Pope John Paul II, has earned the respect of the world,

Although I live in America, when something 'big' happens I usually read the online newspapers of one of my homelands (Belgium, The Netherlands). A Belgian newspaper had as headline "Pope earned his heaven". I have always had a lot of respect for the man. I am not catholic, but I truly believe that the catholics have lost a great leader. May God bless him abundantly and grant him peace forever.

• Pole
    Pole
    When I think of Catholics, all I see is the shameful wanton destruction done by Hitler that was supported by the same Pope you love so dearly when he was just a Priest at the time...

But it is amazing how people can change...

Melissa, think twice before you post shameful nonsense like that again. Karol Wojtyla supporting Hitler as a young priest? You didn't even bother to check that he was ordained a priest in 1946 after the war and after Hitler's death?

Sigh...

Pole

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

As a young priest post WWII and later as Bishop he supported the resistance in Poland and often held meetings in his residence.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Melissa seems to have left for awhile; I posted a question to her about her remarks and haven't heard a word since. I would like to know where her info came from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit