April Fools joke on JW wife that will land you in hot water

by catchthis 21 Replies latest jw friends

• catchthis
    catchthis

I was sitting here at work thinking what could I do to my other half this morning. My brainstorming concluded that I should repent of my sins and make a request to get reinstated. Instead of calling her at home, I figured she was probably in front of her computer doing bills and such so I shot off an email. I BCC'd her so it would appear that the email was being sent to a bunch of people and not just her. Here is what I wrote:

"To all my friends and family,

I know that I have put many of you through rough times lately due to my disfellowshipping a few months ago. It was not my decision to be df'd, but the elders made it clear that I would always be welcomed back if I truly repented for what I did. After having a few months of time to think about this matter, I have decided to return to the organization. Hopefully, I will be reinstated before the year is up and once again be allowed to join you in fellowship."

It took my wife all of one minute after I sent this for her to call me. She was thrilled. She was asking me if I had already spoken with the elders blah blah blah. I didn't want to draw this out so I told her, "Hun, what do you really think?" She paused for a couple seconds and said, "April 1st, ha ha, very funny. I hope everyone else you sent this to thinks it's funnier than I did. *Click*" She was pissed. I tried calling right back but she let it go to voicemail. I sure hope our dinner plans are still a go tonight......

• jaredg
    jaredg

hahaha....HARSH!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, Catchthis, I would suggest atoning for this by telling her you bought her a diamond pin, then hand her a jewelry box containing a dime and a safety pin.

• vitty
    vitty

That was really cruel, but funny

I guess your going to be in BIG trouble when you get home

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

*LOL*

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Ha, Ha, that's funny. But I do believe you'll be in the dog house tonight.

Flowers would be nice buffer.

cj

• catchthis
    catchthis

Yes, I thought flowers would probably be needed as well. The dime-and-pin sounds like another good one too!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Dude!... that's cold. My basements for rent.

(LOL)

~Hill

• TheListener
    TheListener

ROFLMAO!!!

I can only imagine what went through her head as she read that. Man, she is gonna be really pissed. Hope your couch is comfortable. Hopefully she'll be over it by next April 1st when you do it again!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Oh, she'll make you dinner all right... but I would not suggest eating it until she does! Have her eat off YOUR plate. Unless you've built up an immunity to Iocaine poison, of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit