District Convention 2001?

by Patriot 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

I bumped into an old M.S. who has not yet realized that I haven't gone to a meeting in about 20 months and asked me if I had my District Convention yet. I said no that it was "coming up".

He then told that there was "new information" given and an "adjustment" in the way we do things. He said that we keep getting blessed with "new light".

He refused to tell me what it was about because he said that he did not want to "spoil my spiritual banquet prepared so well by the FDS".

Does anyone know anything about this "new info/adjustment"? Or was this guy just being overzealous/fanatical?

If any 411 please post.

Thanks,

Maverick

• larc
    larc

Pat,

Several people have posted their notes and observations from their convention visits. It looked like the same old stuff to me.

• Francois
    Francois

Pat,

There hasn't been anything new coming from the Jehoma Williamses since the winter of ought three. Are you kidding?

Frank

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• Maximus
    Maximus

Biggest flashes from the temple:

Governing body, "Society" and elders are imperfect men. Listen to them anyway or face the fate of Korah and Kompany.

The corporate adjustments in the Fall of 2000 are fulfillments of Isaiah's prophecy.

Wowsers.

Max

• Moxy
    Moxy

if there is anything being called new, it is almost certainly the adjustments to the TMS. these are procedural changes tho and not really big ones at that. if you are really interested, i or someone could run thru them again for you.

mox

• hippikon
    hippikon

Ahhh Watchtower - Masters of the anti-climax. I learned a long time ago any big event was likely to be a big non event.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Patriot,

Good question... and Maximus gave you
    already a good and concise answer.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• cnn77
    cnn77

<strong>The adjustments have to do with the Theocratic Ministry School.</strong>

There is a new book being released to replace the guidebook and the format of the school is changing.

• zev
    zev

Maximus said:

Governing body, "Society" and elders are imperfect men. Listen to them anyway or face the fate of Korah and Kompany.

i heard that, loud and clear.

The corporate adjustments in the Fall of 2000 are fulfillments of Isaiah's prophecy.

isn't it amazing. ask the average j.w. r&f and i betcha they don't even know about, much less know the individual names of those coprorations.

complete story here. http://christianitytoday.aol.com/ct/2001/004/25.html

__
    Zev
    The greatest consistancy of the WTBTS is their INconsistancy.

• zev
    zev

max,
    i have a mpg from the talk after the drama, its an eye opener. i happened to catch the right moment, as its only a minute long, but i sent it to someone else on the board, and they couldnt believe what was said. interested? its about 1.3 meg or so. small enough to email i think.

__
    Zev
    The greatest consistancy of the WTBTS is their INconsistancy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit