You know you're from New Jersey when..........

by Soledad 27 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Dear Soledad,

I read a comment from you a couple of weeks ago ... I did not know what you had been through, and to tell the truth, I have not gone back and looked for your story cause it would hurt too much to read about you being hurt so badly ...

I`m happy you have made it through a bad time ... NOONE deserves to be abused ... especially a lovely womyn like yourself!

Much love to you!!!

t

• flower
    flower

cute! (cept for that 609 comment )

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, Aude! My mom lived there back in the 1940's, which is a LITTLE before our time! My grandmother went to the Greek congregation in that area, and Mom and Uncle Paul attended the English one. Here's a photo of my uncle Paul Janis, my grandmother, and a couple of the Greek Witnesses (George & Eugenia Tsigaris):

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Nina -

Paul & Clio Schiefle (sp) His parents were around in the 30's but I forget their names

Peter & Lillian Heller <in-laws of Malcom Vigo - Branch overseer in Africa>

Herman <forget his last name, big tall guy>

Ingrid Katronis

I think these people were probably around during that time. And my time :-)

Nice photo, btw. It's fun to see the old pics even if you don't know the people personally...!

-Aude.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

CHRIS Schiefle !! (How could I forget the name 'Chris'?? )

He'd been around forever.

People we would meet in service remembered him from the early, early years. (and not in a nice way!) He made some serious enemies in that area. Bergenfield was a hotbed of persecution for the witnesses in the 20's - 40's. I think Chris probably instigated quite a lot of it. LOL.

• Soledad
    Soledad

WOW talesin I'm really touched! thanks so much for your kind words!

lots of hugs ((((((talesin)))))))

• outnfree
    outnfree

Ha! Ha!

I'm from New Jersey! Bergenfield -- the hotbed of persecution?!!! -- lol!!!! Nina - why did I never know you had a NJ connection? I went to the Englewood Hall in the early 70's (but too new and then gone too soon to really take in the 1975 debacle).

Aude -- I remember Lillian Heller, but none of the other names you mentioned were familiar. I studied with Helen Cerniglia and Lillian Hamilton and then with Brother Vas. Was there a scandal of some sort with him at one point? And the Hills -- Ray and MaryEllen studied with my sister. He's out of "the Truth" and she's living in Michigan with her son now, devotedly shunning little ol' DAd moi...

outnfree

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

OMG -

I know you!!

And you know me. Jeff Vaz (with a 'z') and Tara were good friends of mine. I know the Hill's too.

you have a pm

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit